Saturday, July 23, 2005

floating down the drybed

Jed and I and another couple went floating down the dry bed this morning. It was fun. We will post some pictures as soon as they are developed (that is, if the film didn't get ruined). I realized that it has been too long since I have been on an inner tube. I started out great with missing the inner tube and falling into the water completely. There was a fork in the river and we were supposed to go left but jed got sucked to the right through some light rapids, nothing terrifying, but unfortunately the water was moving so fast that jed lost one of his flipflops and it is never to be found again! Jed's friend Dan was behind him and followed him that way so he wouldn't be alone. It was about a mile or more later that we finally met up with them again. Jed's little trip in the slight rapids, looked fun and I had wished I had gone that way. There were several low low bridges that the other girl and I had to lie as flat as we could to slip under. We her something that sounded like waterfalls again or rapid water, so the other girl said she'd get out and run ahead to check it out. SHe was smart. she said it was a drop only about four feet. I wasn't too worried, besides jed looked like he had fun. then I thought maybe i should get off just to be safe. I was too far from the shore when I decided to get off, so I braced myself and low and behold it was man made, concrete corners, everything. I was flun off the tube, crashed into the corner, and kept being suck in, but not enough to go under water, finally I took a leap with the tube has hard as I could over the main current that was trying to pull me under, and floated away. I got several cratches on my inner arm, back and legs; but nothing too serious. As those of you that know me well, I get cold very easily almost as bad as mom. I know I don't have much color to begin with, but I started shivering like crazy and my skin reminded me of E.T. (ya know the part where he's found in the river and he's gohst white) my goose bumps were so big, well; as uncomfortable as it was for me, I found it rather amusing; I got out of the water to dry off and warm up. I took my wet shorts off and ran around in my swim suit to get the blood flowing. My friend and I couldn't help laughing, because the place where we got out of the water was a golf course and we could only imagine what the golfers were thinking of this crazy white girl in a swim suit was doing running around and jumping in the air wavin her arms around. That was also where the rivers met up, so Jed and my friend's husband came up to us as well. Once my goose bumps started going away and I regained some color we finished the float. I am certainly not white anymore, very red even with the sunblock; I did miss the lower part of my legs, with how cold I was I felt very america, red white and blue!! It was loads of fun. Next week we'll have to get Jed some new sandles! Talk to ya'll later.
Love,
Jed, Alli, Laura

No comments: