Thursday, June 08, 2006
My first full week as a Nanny
Well, I thought I would report on my first week as a nanny. I mostly just take care of the baby, Madalyn (I have no idea how to spell it). I keep hoping to watch the 2 and half year old more, her name is Reese and became instant friends with alli. Tomorrow Reese will be home all day and so I think alli will love that. We might go swimming too. So far, I love being a nanny; it feels so good and I feel like I am doing something very important and I fell in love instantly with the entire family. The parents are very kind and hospitable; I was so nervous about having zero freedom and the possiblity of me feeling like I strayed away from being a fulltime mom, but they are really great. They even bought me gluten-free bread so I can have a sandwhich or toast. Needless to say, I was in heaven and ate it extremely slow, endulging in every bite! Maddy (the baby) and I are great pals. She loves to make all sorts of faces as most new borns do. She is very strong, and healthy. Her diapers are SOOOO tiny, and she has a cute bum! I looked into her eyes today, sometimes I wonder what she's thinking. I am baby-sitting tonight, (right now) while the parents are at a wedding; I hope we become good friends, long-time friends. Life in Dallas has been almost too good to be true. The Lord has blessed us. I can't help but think about all the praying we did about going to Dallas, even before we had the official offer; A person would be considered nuts to travel so far for an internship that is not paid, where there is no family, and we have never been here before we moved in. We came having faith that we could not deny the peaceful feeling we both had about moving here after we prayed; and now here we are in a great apartment with a great ward; a great internship; a nanny job that has turned out great for alli and me and hopefully maddy and Reese; a good bank, and we are in the process of working out other financial things, and we still should be worried about work for Jed, but we just have so much peace about things working out well; we just get to work and do what we can do, and not stew over things we can't controll. Well, we love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We didn't realize that you got the Nanny job. It sounds like it has really worked out nicely. We are glad that you are enjoying Dallas.
We love you - Paul & Nicole
Post a Comment