Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Church Halloween Party!


Alli was a cheerleader, but we couldn't get her to sit still enough to capture a decent picture, not to mention the lighting was horrible. She spilled juice all over her costume so she could be a cheerleader the next night when we went to another party. I was going to wash it by hand and let it dry all night, but I didn't do a good enough job, so she was a princess the next day. She was going to be a hat for halloween from Harry Potter, but the costume didn't work out. These dresses were given to us, and though we were trying to avoid the princess thing as best we can, she has too many friends that just LOVE princess stuff. She does however, love cars and horses. Alli danced all night, literally. she was dancing in a circle for like a full straight hour, took a few breaks for food, and kept dancing in circles, she only fell over once! How does she do that? She thought the pom poms were cool, but they got in the way of her mischieviousness, so I had to hold them, Raw raw raw. Jed was Harry Potter and a pretty good one too. His scar looked pretty real, because his friend Omar, from Egypt (who has never read or seen the movies) thought it was real, and came running up to him all worried, as well as his dad. I was professor Trelawny, the Divination teacher from the third and fourth movies. Her costume was pretty hard to do, but Jed and I won the costume contest for the adults 12+; and there were plenty of people dressed as Hogwarts students, So we must have done all right.

We helped with the cake walk, and they were giving away full sized cakes and everything.

3 comments:

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I think you did a great job on the Harry Potter and Madame Trelawny. We are great fans you know - well, more like zealots, actually.

I wouldn't worry about Alli being a princess, too much - for one thing, we have enough royal blood in our veins for her to be an actual princess- but mainly because it is good for children to be treated so special once in a while.
Jed- your pumpkin carving is really becoming legendary!!!
Love you guys - aunt Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Hey- awesome costumes! Alli is just the cuttest ever! -Hannah

The Rhiens said...

Great costumes! You guys always come up with pretty cool costumes. How fun.

Love, Mom, Dad and Julia