Sunday, February 18, 2007

Hurray my TEETH are GONE!

So some of you know and some of you don't. I recently got my four wisdom teeth pulled. Two of my teeth were parcially impacted and facing my cheek. They were cutting through and begining to tear up my cheek. The bottom two were impacted and facing towards my teeth which explains why my teeth have gone crooked. I was supposed to be knocked out. But instead I was totally awake and the narcotic just kept me from telling them it hurt. However, I was numbed in some of the areas. I tried to tell them it wasn't numb and that I could feel them cutting the gum and chopping my tooth, but every time I tried to do something, I'd only moan or twitch, I couldn't get my body to do anything I wanted it to. Oh well, I've been through worse I guess, and tons of people have had similar experiences, I'm sure. I figured I'd feel sick and gross, but I wasn't prepared for what happened. However, I got a cool hair net out of it! They stuck all my big hair in this hair net thing, and I thought that was pretty cool, but when I told that to the nurse lady, I apparently said something that got me to take one home. It was something like "heeeey, that's one cool hat. " she said, "do you want one" " Ooh yeah, that would be SWEET!" I guess she thought I REALLY liked them or something. Now remember, my thoughts did not come out my mouth really. I remember recieving the hair net, and thinking; that was NOT what I was trying to say. It's the weirdest sensation.

I started getting off the pain meds friday ( wanted it to be completely out of my system so I could get alli) but found that the pain got real bad saturday and even worse today (sunday), so I am taking them again. It's not much to complain about. I feel I am recovering rather quickly. Yesterday, my mom, jed and I went to the temple in the evening. It was so enjoyable. I was glad I could do that, though I layed down most of the day and afterwards! (: BUt I am relieved to have these teeth finally pulled. THey have been hurting off and on for years and needed to be pulled. Despite the head and mouth pain, I feel quite relieved to have them out. My mother is in town until thursday, and we are excited to have her here. We are still having fun and able to do plenty and so far, my teeth getting pulled hasn't ruined her visit. Last time she was here, she was helping us move into our apartment, so I was a little worried.
Jed and mom and alli made pasta today, it was super fun. I woke up at the end of it and got to do a few myself. Alli likes to help with the pasta and usually gets an urge to pull out her playdough afterwards. I let her use the cookie cutters when she plays with her playdough. SHe found a cookie rack and made perfect little playdough cookies all by herself and layed them on the rack. Then she came up to Grandma Mommers singing "happy birfday" and made my mom pretend eat all thirteen cookies! She's loving having her here. Sorry for the long post.
love , yall
laura

3 comments:

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I'm so glad to hear you got your teeth taken care of. I hope the pain will go away soon. I've got to get that done this fall, and I've been worrying about it. Congratulations on getting it done, and I hope you have fun with your mom in town. Love you all! Alicia

The Rhiens said...

I hope that you feel GREAT by tomorrow. I bet things will start to look up real soon. I hope that you are really enjoying some good time with your mom! A girl can rarely (if ever) have too much time with her mom. :)

Love, Mom Rhien

Anonymous said...

Oh what a bummer, I hate that kind of intense dental work. . .

Good luck with the pain. . .

Cheers, Sandra