Sunday, March 18, 2007

Happy St Patties Day!





Yesterday, we decided to skip the Mardi Gras-like St. Patties Day Parade that is a few blocks from our house. It looked like a good excuse for lots of grown adults to walk around in skimpy green outfits, and get drunk really early in the morning. We did however, have a donut party at Krispy Creme's. Alli liked wearing the Krispy Kreme hat, and LOVED her pink sprinkled chocolate donut. We also had a nice Irish meal with some friends on Sunday to celebrate. We had Irish potatoe soup, Green beans, and Green jello. Of course, we all know that green jello is all the rage in Ireland nowadays. LOL

Alli also had her first year where the Leprechaun came to deliver green candy to us as we were all asleep on St. Patties Day Eve. She only wanted to eat Green Treats all day long, luckily for her, her parents knew better.

Happy St. Patties Day Y'all.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Ok - I think this should be a new holiday - Krispie Kreme day! I have had the worst cravings for these EVIL donuts lately. So I'm glad Allison enjoyed my favorite kind for me.

I'd go for getting "drunk" on sugary Krispie Kremes any-day over whatever everyone else drinks on St. Patty's day!

And way to go on getting the Green Leprechaun to come visit! I think next year will be our first, and I'm already looking forward to it! Fun to pass on traditions huh?

The Rhiens said...

Oh man! The Green Leprechaun skipped over our house this year...only the second time since Jed was in first grade. What's up with that?? Anyway, it looks like you guys had lots of fun. Happy Spring!

Love, Mom and Dad Rhien