Laura has been gone for a few days now on a trip to Arkansas to visit our friends the Morales's. They were our neighbors and friends in Idaho when we went to school. Laura decided to drive (about 6 hours away) to visit them for a week. She took Alli with her, so it's very quiet around the house when I get home from work.
It's been hard to have Laura gone, because I realize just how much I really depend on her for everything. I depend on her for support, and for companionship. When she is gone, I realize how much my wife and daughter are a part of my life. I come home from work and I realize how quiet it is, and how lonely I can be without my best friend in the house. Laura is truly an amazing wife, and being away for a short week has made me want to recommit to be a better husband who reciprocates all the loving kindness that she gives to me regularly. Laura is the most compassionate person I know, and I want to be more like that. She is very forgiving and patient with me when I mess up. I want to be more like that. She is the best friend that anyone could ever ask for. I am glad that she is with me all the time (except every once in a blue moon when she goes on vacation).
Laura is the reason I do everything, and the joy in all of my experiences. I love her very very much. She is a wonderful Mom, and I am happy that we have our little Alli in our life to share in our families happiness. I love my little family very much.
I guess it's a little wierd for me to be gushing about my wife here on our blog, but I really just felt strongly about my love and my gratitude for my wife. I thought that sharing that with you all might be a good idea. Thanks for listening.
-Jed
3 comments:
Awe shucks. Thank you sweetheart. Great, I'm blushing. Now you've done it!!! (: I love you. See you in a few days.
-laura
That's so sweet! Every woman loves to be loved and missed and appreciated. And I know she loves and appreciates all you do, too. Ahhh! I think it is good to spend a little time away from each other every once in awhile...it helps us realize and remember anew how much we love and depend on each other.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment