So today I ran my long run. I do one once a week, and shorter runs during the week. I've been training with my famous sidekick, Alli. Ok. so obviously she's not running with me, but more riding. I always thought joggers didn't really make it harder to run. But, for me, it really adds a lot of time. Alli wanted to ride in the stroller for my long run. She likes running with me, gives her some sort of thrill I guess. She's no light pumpkin, and my double stroller is heavy enough. I'm pretty weak when it comes to my arms! So my twelve mile run, was almost humorous. Running in the city with and extra wide load, can be complicated. The wind was blowing hard and it felt like running with a huge parachute attachted to my back. Not to meantion the roads, constant driveways that had curbs to get off and on every ten feet. Huge branches from last night's storm to move out of the way, too many traffic lights, ....I couldn't help but laugh half the run. It wasn't frustrating though. I still managed to run it all in under two hours; and I estimated that considering the conditions as compared to a normal race, that I could run it quite a bit faster on my own. I wasn't even that tired or winded when I was done, so that is a good sign!
This has been all really exciting to me. I've really wanted to run a marathon for almost 14 years now. But because of things (too long of a story to tell) I've had to postpone such a run. Jed has been really supportive, and we've made the sacrafices so that I can get the shoes I need and pay for the races--which was one of the things that kept from doing a marathon when we were at school. My half-marathon is on April 14th, and the marathon is on May 26th. My Father, who made it to many of my races and has always been very enthusiastic about my running, will be flying in the cheer me on. I've been planning to run a marathon this spring since last summer. Though, it hasn't been easy to find a marathon around Dallas that wasn't on a Sunday; I'm going to Oklahoma to run the Marathon. Thanks to all my friends and family who have helped me hang in there, and told me to keep going.
I hope to keep running many more Marathons. There is one in August I'd like to run too.
Next, I hope to go somewhere in my dancing; but for now, the glorious stage of the living room will have to do! (: Plus, I haven't found that Indian dance team in Dallas yet....(just kidding) I love you all,
6 comments:
You go, girl! Good luck; we will be rooting for you.
Cheers, Sandra and Susan
We'll be cheering for you, too! How fun for you. I am proud of you for your determination and hard work in getting prepared. I can't even imagine how tough it would be with the big stroller, the wind, and debris, the city traffic, etc. Way to go!
Love, Mom, Dad and Julia
Ooo... Ooo... Do the St. George Marathon in October with me. If you want, we could even register together (that way either we both get in or we both don't.) Then Mom & Dad can come out and cheer us on, we can see Joanna & Cory's new baby, and our new baby. It'd be a party.
Anyway, something to consider. -Paul
Okay, I like a little jog, but you are a nut! :) You and my mother-in-law... she has run over 40 marathons and hopes to do 50 before she is 50- looks like you are on that road! I think it's awesome. Way to go! Love, Liz
(Oh, I emailed you a little while ago and I don't think you got it- the only address I have for you and Jed right now for some reason is the one that starts sco... is that still the right one?)
Laura...you are awesome...and a nut!!! In a good way, of course. Good luck on the half marathon, you'll do great!
Have a nice run
Morales family
PS> You're not going to push Alli for the half marathon are you?
Paul, the St. George Marathon sounds fun. If I went to that, than I couldn't come to the graduation, though. Jed and I will have to figure that all out. It might just be me and Alli anyway. Melissa, no... absotlutely not, Alli will have to watch this time. Maybe when I'm stronger and in better shape and I can could on Alli staying in the stroller for 26 miles, but so far, no!!!(:
Post a Comment