Laura finished her race today. She ran a half marathon (13.1 miles). She finished in 3rd place in her age category, and got two medals. One of the medals was for finishing in under 3 hours (she finished in 2 hours and 3 minutes), and the other was for third place in her age category (age20-24). We are very proud of her. Alli LOVED cheering for mom, and she said "Run Mom, Run!"
At about 1 hour and 40 minutes, Alli told me, I want to Cheer for mommy. I said "Run, Mom, Run", as we had practiced together. I think she thought that Mom had run too much, because She said, "No dad, I don't want mommy to 'run, mom run' anymore, I want her to stop and hug." Needless to say, Alli gave Laura big hugs at the finish line.
A lot of people liked the signs that we had to motivate Laura. One sign said "You can do it!" and the other said, "Run Mom, Run!" Several people afterwards thanked us for the motivation. It was VERY cold, around 40 degrees with 30-40 mile per hour winds. I think there were not very many people there to support the runners because it was too cold.
Congrats Laura for sticking with the running when it got tough. We love you very much!
6 comments:
Wow! Congratulations! That was a great time, especially considering the weather and how you were feeling. You are my hero for the week! Maybe even the month. :) Our thoughts were with you, cheering you on from here.
Love, Mom and Dad Rhien and Julia
Laura - you rock! I am seriously so darn proud of you! And I think that you're inspiring me....not to come anywhere near that time (becuase I think somehow it would be physically impossible) - but encouraging me to set some fitness goals like a 1/2 marathon...(or 5 K) after I have this baby.
CONGRATS!
Love, Joanna
Wow What a woman. Congratulations. I am so proud of you. Love the pictures of alli and Easter.What Angels. Love Grandma Marilyn
YAY LAURA !!!! Congratulations on such a great run. You look in great shape. I've never been a runner so stand in awe of anyone who can keep at it -especially to run such a long race. WAY TO GO !!
LOVE< Aunt Charlotte
We are proud of you. I would be surprised at this point if I got a time that good. I guess I still have 8 weeks to go until my half marathon.
Bummer about being a bit under the bad weather (if that makes sense, sick and cold & windy)
Love you, Paul & Nicole
Way to run Laura--that's awesome!
Love
Melissa
Post a Comment