Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Big Birthday Bash







Allison's birthday was so much fun. We went to bed late the night before because my dad's plane came in late and we wanted to get some things ready for Alli and didn't get to bed until after midnight. Alli woke up early with excitement for her party. We had a special breakfast and opened gifts and cards from family. The actual party was, a little clausterphobic for some people's taste, but still fun, especially for most of the kids.

Every kid we invited showed up, plus some of their siblings. This was unexpected. We had hoped for a pool party, but it rained. I didn't plan on this. I tried to have a plan B, but if it was going to be inside, there was little of one thing for all the kids to do at the same time. Jed saved the day with the bubble gun we got Alli for her birthday.

Some kids did dress ups, others cars, some play dough, and some just ran around. I didn't take a picture of Allison's cake, but she had a strawberry (pink) cake with cream cheese frosting. Alli really wanted cupcakes, so I make cupcakes and a cake. Allison was delighted. I wish I got video of everyone singing to her, I only got the end of it. A special thanks to my friend Michelle who took all the video and pictures, I would have completely forgot if it wasn't for her.

With all the kids singing, it almost sounded like the chipmunks! It was obvious that the birthday song was a well loved favorite song of all the kids. They all had lit up eyes, and smiles ready to burst with laughter and applause! It was one of my favorite parts of the party. Alli's friend Taylor was so excited about the candle blowing, he managed to blow out the first candle (which was good, because she was having trouble with that part). Then came the present opening. As soon as it was announced, everyone of the kids wanted to give Allison their gift first, and better yet, do her the favor of opening it for her!!

Allison was so excited about each gift and wanted to play with each gift or wear it as soon as she saw it. My other favorite part of the party was the fun things each of the kids did and said. Like the girl who loaded her bowl with vanilla ice cream, and while shoveling it down her throat proclaimed to me that she did not like vanilla ice cream and continued eating the ice cream and reaching for more. Or the child that sounded too much like the fish from "Finding Nemo" who lives in the tank and says "Bubbles.... my bubbles" . Or the girls who all wanted to wear Alli's dress-up clothes, and when her dress up clothes ran out, they just put on Alli's church dresses. Well All in all, it was a great party and Alli loved it. Then After the crown left, we had tons of energy left and partied the rest of the night! ok, it didn't quite go like that, but we did go to the temple and grab a bite to eat and a few other things, getting in bed around 1:30 in the morning. Jed says I can't make any plans for this weekend :)

5 comments:

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Glad to hear that you guys had such a fun party. The video is really cute, looks like she was having a little trouble with the candle blowing out part. :) :) Cute! Sounds like a lot of fun. :) Love you! Alicia

Joanna said...

Alli is quite the popular chick! I'm glad she was surrounded with people who love her for her big day. Give her an extra hug for us here in Utah - we miss you all!

Familia Morales said...

What a fun party! It's great it still worked out even with the rain...Bummer! Happy Birthday to Alli, she's so big now! Love you all

The Rhiens said...

Looks like you had quite a crowd there! I bet they all had a lot of fun and you were probably the only one that noticed that it was raining and they had to be indoors. How fun!

Love, Mom Rhien

Liz said...

Happy birthday, Alli! I can't believe she's three already! That's awesome. (I see she got the purple princess dress-up shoes that Emeline LOVES to play with at her friend's house!) You guys are such cute parents- she's a lucky little gal.