So this message goes out to all those fathers out there. This weekend I was able to have my own father with me, which is really nice, since it has been way too long since I had the fun of making a special breakfast for him. He's been really helpful and fun to be around. My dad has always been a great example of hard work, laughter and service. He has always been pretty handy with tools and ready to take on adventure. I love you Poppers. My dad is trying to hike the highest point/mountain in each state, or at least hike as many high points as he can. He's done 23 out of 50 states so far in only a few years. Allison will be hiking her first high-point with him tomorrow. We are going to hike in Louisiana. That will be Alli's 14th state that she's been to. It will be loads of fun.
It was also nice to have Jed's parents and sister here a couple weeks ago. I was thinking about my father-in-law. I remember feeling comforted--when considering Jed as spouse-- that he had a righteous, happy, hard-working father. I also really like how friendly he is. I really admire my Daddy Rhien. I like feeling so close and loved by my in-laws, I'm treated as dearly as all the other children. I love you daddy Rhien !
I am very proud of Jed and all he does as a father. Alli really loves him. You can really tell that she feels safe with him, and he knows special ways to get her to smile that only he can do. He is always there for her, and is always searching for better ways he can help her learn and grow. He encourages her reading alot and they have fun story times. Thanks to Jed, Alli can color as good or better than the sunbeams in primary! But most of all, she know he loves her and will lead her right. As the mother, I can see how powerful an influence of a Dad can be, there is so much that only a father can do; and I am greatful that Jed takes that responsibility as a father seriously. I know that He has taken great sacrifices, even professionally, so that he can set an example for Alli and be there for our family. I feel so blessed to see Jed, my Dad, and Jed's Dad do the same.
I love all my Dads and grandpa's. Happy Father's Day
1 comment:
Ahhh....this is sweet. I don't think that Dad has seen this yet. I will point it out to him later.
We are so blessed to have these great men in our lives, huh?
Love, Mom Rhien
Post a Comment