We had a great time with Laura's family at the family reunion this last week. One of the activities we did was to have an Iron Chef competition. The two teams were given a budget of 20 dollars, 1 hour cooking time, and a secret ingredient and they had to make five dishes from each team. The secret ingredient was Papaya. I've posted some of the pictures of the dishes they made here... We had grilled tilapia with a papaya glaze, ribeye with grilled papaya in a yummy secret papaya sauce, fruit pizza, quinoa noodles with papayas, diced tomates, squash and peppers sauteed in olive oil and italian seasonings - a papaya salsa with cilantro, papaya, tomatoes, grilled onions and corn. We also had papaya smooties, papaya parfaits with vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit- a fresh fruit salad, and two salads. One salad had a tangy citrus dressing, and the other had a poppyseed dressing. Both salads had strawberries, walnuts, and papaya (of course).
I'm not sure who won the cooking competition, but I know we all ate a lot of good food that night!
1 comment:
Wow! How yummy looking! I am amazed that you guys made this much food in one hour. Crazy! Without recipes??? Good job. I bet everybody enjoyed being judges. :)
Love, Mom Rhien
Post a Comment