Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Who Needs Clothes!

Alli, like so many toddlers I've met, has a thing for not needing clothes. It seems that her euphoric moments are running free and open (completely naked) as fast as she can (on her tippy-toes of course) being sure not to miss an inch of ground in the home, shortly after baths. Really, she pops out of that bath tub, and goes and goes, while I (used to) chase her around with a towell and her PJ's. Now I just sit back and laugh. Of course after a while, I have to burst her bare bottom bubble and cover her up. The other day, I managed to get Alli in bed for a day-time nap with bribery (which I don't do often for all those parenting critics). Her throat was sore, and I had some children's cough drops. I told her they weren't candy, and to take it and go to sleep. So when she woke up, she was just in her underwear, and walks into the living room where I was at. She was grinning as if she knew something I didn't. She was also humming a made up tune. She stuck her hand down her underwear, and I of course told her to stop, but as if she was performing the greatest and most mysterious magic trick of all time, she dramatically pulled out from her underwear the wrapper to her cough drop, and held it up proudly and said, "Look iiiiit!.... Tadaa!" I could just picture the wheels in her head turning and thinking, "This is great, who needs clothes ....better yet, who needs pockets when you have underwear!" I, however, am happy to report that She has since kept her underwear clean and "unsupplied" and has consented to wear clothes. Whew! (:

2 comments:

Familia Morales said...

You crack me up! What a fun girl to have.

Anonymous said...

Count your blessing. Next thing you know she will have firm and unshakeable fashion opinions and refuse to get dressed unless she gets to wear the strange combinations SHE wants. . . Next after that is brand labels. . .

Thanks for brightening my day. Sandra