Wednesday, August 15, 2007

working hard, or hardly working.




A project I've been working on since early spring has finally gotten approval for printing, and I'm really excited! I think it will be good to see the finished product on this as I've never worked on a project for so long before.

This has been a good week for Laura to be out of town, because I've been fairly ill, and working 12-14 hour days at work trying to keep up with my suddenly crazy workload. I'm sure I'm not much fun to be around this week.

Tonight I'm wondering how I'm going to get out of work in time for my 9:00 elder's quorum meeting. And why, you ask, am I blogging then if I am so incredibly swamped at work? Because I want to... and I'm addicted to blogging. I didn't get my blogging fix at all this week as I've been at work so late each night. I think I need to join the Bloggers Adicts Anonymous. BAA.

I really miss my wife. She has been gone a week now, and will be coming back to Dallas next Tuesday. She is having a good time with her mom. She has seen some old friends, and spent a day with her Dad. I think Alli is really enjoying her grandma, and she tells me that she doesn't want to go home unless grandma can come home with her to Dallas.

I'd better get going.... back to work.

-Jed

I like hard work- it's ingrained inside me I think from my childhood. "work hard, be kind, and remember who you are."

5 comments:

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Congratulations on the project going to print- that's awesome! I bet that'll be really neat to see and know that you worked on. Probably be something you always remember, it being the first long range project and all. Pretty cool. :)

Sorry about being sick,and Laura and Alli being gone, at least the long hours keep you from being alone all the time. :)

Good luck, and congrats! love ya. Alicia

Joanna said...

It looks great Jed! Congrats on a great job.

Sorry you haven't been feeling well and that the girls are gone. Think of how much you'll appreciate them and be excited when they get home. That's always a great feeling.

Love you!
Joanna

Anonymous said...

Jed, I know that feeling of doing personal stuff on the computer as a respite from having more work than you can humanly do. It all gets done somehow. . .

I also find it helps to take a moment to feel grateful for my blessings--makes me more energized to turn back to work.

Love to you, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Jed I am really proud of you, and I admire your hard work, and love and appreciation for having work and employment and the oppotunity to serve God in your calling and ward. Life can be tough, and I'm sure you are handling it magnificently. And if not, it's ok, because you usually do!

The Rhiens said...

That must be so exciting to look at a project you have worked so hard on, and hold it in your hands, and open it up and pour over the pages and know that YOU did this. It looks great from here. We are proud of your hard work and accomplishments.

Love, Mom and Dad