Today I told Alli that I had a secret I wanted to tell her. I quietly whispered in her ear, "I think you are beautiful". She laughed, and told me that she liked my secret. Then she came up to me, and said in a sneaky voice, "I have a secret to tell to you." She leaned up to my ear, and whispered, "I read lots and lots of books in bed at night." Then she said, "That is a BIG secret, huh daddy." I got a good chuckle out of her secret.
She is getting to be very talkative and quite energetic lately. She loves to spend time at the pool, and would stay out there all day if we only let her. Alli has a floatation life-jacket that keeps her up all by herself in the water, and she loves to doggy-paddle her way around the pool.
Laura and Alli keep busy doing lots of fun activities. Last week, Alli learned about her senses as Laura blindfolded her and had her feel and touch different objects and try to identify them. They also had a great time watercolor painting one day. I came home to the whole kitchen table full of paintings just for me from my favorite little 3 year old.
Alli really loves to identify her letters. We will be driving down the freeway, and she will see a sign and shout out, "Dad, I saw a letter O- I really did!!!"
She has also decided on her own that she wants to start writting. She will get a pen and paper and start trying to make her letters. One day, she scribbled out a couple of letters on the page, and then said, " Look, I wrote." There on the page was scrawled out the letters H- O- P. I laughed, because she had no idea that she had written a word, or even really if the letters were correct... but it was unmistakable that she had written out her first word.
We sure love our 3-year old (and her imaginary dog that goes everywhere with her, of course).
5 comments:
What cute stories. She has such a strong personality, its really fun to hear about the things she is learning and experiencing! Love you guys! Alicia
Blake had 5 Nephites that went everywhere with him for several years. We had to hold doors for them - all 5 of them, and he counted them all. also for a couple years, he would only eat food that Nephites would have eaten. It is a little known fact Native Americans out on the plains drank a lot of Hi-C fruit punch (from cans, of course) - and Buddig makes a lot of meat that can pass for Buffalo. hehehe What fun times a child is at this age. Love, Aunt Charlotte
Oh, I forgot - they also ate a lot of macaroni and cheese and tuna cassarole.
What a cute secret...I read lots and lots of books in bed at night. I can remember reading in bed at night for years and years...and hours and hours. I would situate my bed near the door of my bedroom and "sleep" with the door open and the hall light on. Eyes were on the book, but ears were on the hall, because if you heard someone coming down the hall you had to push the book under the covers and pretend to be asleep. I read hundreds of books that way. No wonder I have glasses now. I probably ruined my eyesight with the strain of reading by the light in the hall.
Now I get into bed and try to read (with the light on) and fall asleep within moments. Darn!
Mom Rhien
Thanks for telling about blindfolding Alli to teach her about her senses. We did that with Annaleise last night and she loved it. Have any more ideas of what to do with a 3 year old? Love ya'll!
Melissa
Post a Comment