So, when the AT&T repairman came to improve our internet speed, they didn't do anything to change the speed, and somehow it was magically 10 times faster than it was when we were testing it throughout the previous week. They probably just thought we were stupid, and didn't know anything. I just hope the magic increase in internet speed stays this way, and I also hope we have no more times that it won't connect at all as we did twice already.
On a happier note, Alli and I enjoyed drawing with whiteboard marker this weekend. She had a good time, and drew this family portrait all by herself. She even included our house, our color trees, and a pink blanket for the new baby. She is funny when she's drawing, because she is very meticulous about detail, and very specific about where everything goes. The idea of a white board marker is nice for her, because if she messes up, she doesn't have to start over. She didn't do any erasing on this masterpiece, and I had to take pictures of it since I knew that someday the marker would rub off the board, and I couldn't keep it forever. Alli makes me smile! For any of you who noticed here, you can see her drawing with both her right and left hands... she prefers her left hand most of the time, but switches back an forth without any problem. She writes letters mostly with her left hand though. Who else in the family is a lefty? Is this genetic? Laura and I are not left handed?
5 comments:
Sandra is a leftie and Grandma Marilyn is ambidextrous - I think especially when creating. Brian is a leftie, too, but he is not genetically related to you guys, so I don't know.
Yeah, I remembered that Sandra was a leftie and Julia can do things ambidextrously (is that a word?) I think....at least she used to be able to.
Not me - I'm a right hand gal all the way.
I am SO impressed with Allison's pictures! Watch out - soon she'll be drawing pictures of baggies and hearts. (I don't remember what all was in that picture - you'll have to ask Dad - I'm sure he still has it)
Love you guys!
SO CUTE! I love the picture! That is a fantastic drawing for a kid so young! (Maybe she gets that from her daddy...) Seriously, wow- that's awesome. And cool that she is ambidextrous! We think Emeline might be, because she switches back and forth all the time, but we don't really know because she doesn't do very well with either hand, so maybe she's just figuring it out still. :) I want to meet Alli! When are we going to make this happen?!
Julia is ambidexstrous. She writes with her left hand, but does most other things with her right hand. Kinda funny.
I didn't want her to be left-handed when she was first learning how to write...I just thought life would be harder for a leftie. So, I kept taking the pencil or crayon from her left hand and moving it to her right. But, as soon as I would turn around, she had it back in her left hand. I finally gave up and she did fine. She also used to write her name "ailuj" for the longest time.
What a GREAT picture! Amazing detail for a 3 yr. old. Awesome!
Love,
Nana and Papa Rhien
And we lefties are cool people indeed! The research shows that we are as a group smarter AND more creative, and better integrated left brain and right brain. Also alas we are more prone to asthma and some other wierd illnesses I cant remember right now, and more depressive as well.
So welcome to the club, Alli!
Love, Sandra
Post a Comment