These images are of the Birth and Women's Center where we will be having our baby. It is a beautiful birth center, located close to our home, and close to my work, and close to the Baylor Hospital if any emergency procedures need to be done (c-section).
There is a nice park right next to the birth center for moms to walk during early labor if they choose to. The interior of the center looks a lot less like a hospital and more like a really beautiful victorian home. The interior image is actually the downstairs waiting room. We couldn't take pictures of the birthing room because someone was in there today having a baby:)
In one of the shots posted here, you can see the hospital in the background, so you can see how close the center is to the hospital. They actually say that it is just about as fast to transfer to a c-section from the birth center as it is to transfer to the c-section rooms from another floor in the hospital, so we feel very safe in the hands of our kind and competent midwives and birth assistants. We're very excited to be able to give birth in such a lovely place with such a great staff.
p.s. we got our NEW camera this week. Laura's been eyeing this camera for a long time, and I wanted to get it for her before the baby comes. it's a Canon Digital Rebel XTi 10 megapixel camera. Now we can also use our old lenses from our previous camera too, and we're both excited to learn more about our new camera!
3 comments:
How exciting! I'm thrilled for you guys. The birthing center looks like it'll be a very nice place to give birth to your new baby. Laura, I hope you're feeling good. You look so pretty in your st. patty's and easter pictures.
Love you all
Melissa and clan
I'm glad you found a great birth center- I can't believe how soon your baby is due! How exciting! Good luck with everything!
(Oh, and that is my exact same camera and I LOVE it!)
Oh, what a great blessing to find such a wonderful place to give birth to your baby. I'm very happy for all of you.
P.S: Hi, Alli!
Post a Comment