Jed went in to tuck Allison in bed last night, and came out with the following report of his conversation with Allison.
Jed: "Are you excited for your little sister to come, Alli?"
Alli: "uh hmm (yes), but first mommy has to have a dialate, and then mommy gets grumpy, and then the baby has to slide down mommy's leg, Then we can have her. "
Jed: "ummm"
12 comments:
Oh I love the "then Mommy gets grumpy" part! Too bad having a baby isn't as easy as Alli makes it sound. I'm still laughing by the way. Love ya Laura, miss ya too!
How funny! She's actually got most of it correct...that's what's funny. Good luck when the time comes. Call me tomorrow.
Love, Mom Rhien
Oh my - how cute!
Hope things are going well. Wish I was there to give you a foot-rub, or make dinner, or tell you that you look fantastic (and not at all ready to deliver a baby). I would make sure not to mention that it seemed like you should have had the baby by now, or make some dumb comment about how you should be glad the baby isn't here yet - so you can get some sleep (isn't that a joke) - or any of those other dumb things people say when you're at this point in your pregnancy.
We love you - and wish we were there with you. Good luck in the land of 2 kiddos...it's an adventure!
Wow, she knows more than probably most people out there! The mommy gets grummp part is hilarious! Can't wait to see some pics of your new arrival!
That is hilarious! Allison is such a doll I loved seeing her at the library listening so intently and then doing the dance with 3 adults! Gotta love it!
What a cute story. She sure is smart. It's amazing how smart kids can be and yet be so innocent too.
thats funny. its amazing how much she is actually picking up. GOOD LUCK!
If only it was that easy!! She cracks me up! I'm glad that you write down conversations with her.
Haha, so that's how it happens huh? ;) What a funny little girl. I can't believe how old she's gotten...gosh I remember when you were pregnant with HER! Time flies... Anyway, I hope you're feeling at least semi-comfortable these last few weeks. My guess is she'll come on the 17th or 18th (I'm indecisive...) Can't wait to see pics and hear what you name her! Best of luck! :)
Love ya back, Shannon :)
Alli is so funny. I love the explanation, its very creative. Good luck, hope you're doing good! We love you. Alicia
I have laughed and laughed about this. How funny.
I thought of a new name... it doesn't have anything to do with passover or the Bible.
Skye
I heard it somewhere and thought HEY, that would be a good name for a baby.
That's my buddy! She is an old soul, wise and witty. Love you, Alli!
Post a Comment