Allison told me she wanted to make dinner. I asked her what she wanted to make. She said "Chelly" . So I asked her how to make " Chelly". No, it is not Chili , it's "chelly"
In case any of you would like a dinner idea here's Alli's recipe: FLour then oatmeal, then raisens, celery, then chicken, and you can add some water too if you want.
Jed once told me (while on his mission) that he couldn't find pumpkin in Russia for pumpkin pie, so he used carrots. I was curious, so I made carrot pie, and it tasted exactly like pumpkin pie. Alli's idea sounds like even more fun to experiment and will be no exception to my habit of cooking weird recipies. I'll let ya'll know how tasty her recipe is.
5 comments:
hmm, sounds interesting. Would you bake that then? :) You'll have to let us know how "Chelly" is. What a cute little girl, love the story! :) Love you guys.
I always thought that oatmeal (esp the thick cut kind or the steel cut kind) were underestimated as a dinner grain, but I haven't had much success convincing anyone else of that. . . If you added some onion, garlic, paprika and chicken broth instead of water it might not be half bad--sort of a wierd kind of couscous. . .
It ended up being a fried chicken/dumplings type food. Laura fried the chicken with the batter of the oatmeal/flour/etc.
Some of the batter fried independently of the chicken, and was good by itself.
I'm not sure Alli will appear on Top Chef any time soon, but she's got creativity at least.
How cute that you actually cooked it. :) That's funny! I bet she loved it.
Love,
Mom Rhien
That cracks me up that you actually cooked it. What fun and creative parents you guys are!
Post a Comment