Our friends the Wood family did this on their blog, and if you read below, you'll see why this is on our blog too. Also, it is really fun to hear memories from people you know. Thank you to everyone who participates. And yes, I'll post more pics of the girls, things have been pretty busy around here, so you'll have to wait.
1. As a comment on our blog, leave one memory that you and I (it can be about Jed, Laura, Alli, or Lucy) had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't have a blog, you can still participate. If you don't want to play on your blog, that's fine. Just write something on mine. Just click where it says comments at the bottom of THIS post and go from there.
15 comments:
Hmm, where to start?
Bummer!
Ha ha! I miss those skip-bo days. Are you up for a re-match?
I remember meeting Jed for the first time at Ricks College and then for the third time as my companion at the MTC. THe second time was when I saw him at a football game at Ricks, he had blue hair.
I remember seeing Jed in the Library at Ricks after his mission (we were in the same ward our freshman year) and you were with him. I thought you were the prettiest girl (can a girl say that?) and that Jed was a little too lucky :) I don't know if you were married or just dating?
I was asked to be Laura's VT with Becky Maynard. I was a newly wed and my hubby was working a lot and I was pretty darn lonely. The first time we went to visit Laura the spirit was so strong and I just knew that I was sitting in a home where there was a lot of love and that this lady was a very beloved daughter of God. I felt that same spirit every time that we went to visit her. It was always the recharge to my testimony that I needed and pretty much every time I left I had tears in my eyes from the strength of that spirit.
I always remember Laura bearing her testimony in sacrament meeting and I LOVED it! You always talked about being a mom and your words were so honest and full of love and I was prego at the time and it made me so excited to have my baby.
I remembers my post-mission loser days where I didn't feel like I fit in much of anywhere except for at your house. That's when Alli and I started to bond.
I also remember a road-trip with Laura and being Y-team leaders together.
I also remember tagging along with Jed throughout my growing up - it was way cooler to be with the older kids.
love you guys, P.
I remember when I brought Branch down here and we went to church before I had to head back to Wyoming. I remember seeing Allison and thinking she is the most beautiful girl in the world and then I saw you and Jed and I thought what a cute family! I need to be friends with them! Sorry I didn't get to know you better. I still learned a lot from you though!
I remember Laura teaching me latin dances in our apartment at Ricks. She also took my engagement pictures. They turned out great. I loved having her as a roomate.
I remember going to see the movie "Charly" with Laura in Rexburg. We were both BAWLING when it got over and I said, "I should have thought to bring kleenex - I knew it would be sad." Laura said, "You KNEW this would be this sad - and we still came!?!?!"
I remember Jed staying up with me all night to do my 9th grade bug *with* me - but he really did it for me. I still smile about that and feel grateful for his help.
And I remember babysitting Allison when she was only a few days/weeks old at your apartment. She was not happy at all - cried a lot - and I felt so bad that we couldn't keep her happy.
Now I don't have any Lucy memories yet - but I can't wait to make some. I do remember feeling SOOOO disappointed that I couldn't make it work to come to Dallas when she was born and have missed out on those newborn days with her....
Love you guys!
I think the best memory I have is also the most recent - seeing you guys around thanksgiving. You're all so warm and loving, and just fun to be around. It was so peaceful and fun to sit around and visit and just spend time together. Love you all. Alicia
i remember hearing about the new rhien boys that moved in my senior year of high school. that started it all... there was the sneaking into the gag dance at piedra vista even though we weren't students there. and of course prom. and watching the mummy at midnight at the cameo. and playing on the swings at the park by my parents house. signing up for a dance class thinking it was normal swing and it turned out to be west coast swing. and all those days at the seminary building after school trying to decide what to do on friday night, then ending up watching a movie at somebody's house. those were the days...
i just saw your comment and was so excited to catch up on your blog. you're girlies are super duper cute!!!
hmmm memories.... well there's my favorite which was when we came to vt you and you were on bedrest but of course would not let us help you at all. We begged you to let us help with something and then you were wondering if we could pick up something from the store for you so you could make a meal for someone else! I always us that story in lessons. You're unbelievable selfless.
Also... i remember that we got married the same day and stayed in the same hotel for our honeymoon:) And you had the funniest picture I've ever seen of Ali with snot everywhere!!
Ahhh the good ol' rexburg days:)
Laura, my first memory of you is of when I met you when I came to pick Jed up at the end of the semester, just before his mission. You were at his apt. to say good-bye and I could tell that you had a special friendship. We talked about it a little bit and he told me that he wanted to stay in touch with you. I remember you being very pretty and quite spunky. My next memory of you was when you brought Paul down to Farmington at the end of the summer and spent several days with us...while Jed was on his mission. You were lots of fun. I remember sitting out on the front lawn with you and Julia, laughing. And I remember the letters we wrote back and forth to each other when I would forward Jed's e-mails to you. It was fun and I felt like I got to know you pretty well before he even got back from Russia.
Jed, my first memories of you were of your first moments and days on earth. You were tiny and seemed almost fragile. But, you had a very peaceful spirit about you. And I remember you being a peacemaker in our home when you were a little boy. I remember you drawing and coloring by the hour, up at the bar in the kitchen. Look where it got you! And I remember your friendship as you turned into a teenager and were always there to listen to me ramble on. It's fun to see you now, as a husband and a dad.
My memories of Alli include special times just after her birth, when I came to take care of her when you two had mono, and our day at the zoo earlier this summer. Fun times!
I have wonderful memories of holding sweet little Lucy in those early hours of her life and cuddling with her in the middle of the night. :)
We love all of you!
Mom
Ah, Jed. Too many memories to list! Mostly my senior year of high school- you were one of my best friends that year. Remember our Calculus class? When that guy was handing out papers and noticed we had the same last name? And he asked if we were related and you totally straight faced told him we were married? That was hilarious. I remember meeting Laura when she was trying on wedding dresses at the mall in Orem. How fun! And I have this really funny memory of when you and Laura were both at the mall and you wanted to show me the ring you were going to buy her, but you didn't want her to see it yet- you were so nervous and excited to be engaged and almost bouncing off the walls! We headed toward the jewelry store and you reached down and grabbed my hand, then we both jumped about ten feet in the air when you realized that it was me next to you and not her! :) We both had a good laugh. And then you bought the ring. The rest is history! We sure wish we lived closer to you guys and got to see you sometimes!
I remember the first time I really noticed Jed in our ward. It was our Halloween party, and he came as Harry Potter. I don't recall what Alli was wearing, but I did think she was stunning with that gorgeous hair.
The first time I gathered my courage to speak to Laura, she was walking past the Bishop's office on her way out after meetings. I stopped her to say that she looks like an actress I see on TV all the time (whose name, ironically, I can't remember right now!).
Then I introduced myself to Alli and she stared at me with that adult look on her face and I thought, wow, that is one smart little girl. I was impressed!
Post a Comment