I have a lot of unneeded stress inside me right now. Stupid stuff really. I knew I needed to relieve it so that I could think properly. I tried playing piano, but frankly it only helped a bit, but the moment I removed myself from the piano I had more still. So I cleaned--which I needed to do anyhow, since Allison practically makes it her mission to make difficult for me to do. It felt good at the time being.
Then I wanted to go running, well that isn't safe to do at 11:00PM, so I felt stuck. Push-ups? No. Scriptures? It helped some but I couldn't focus.
Prayer? It told me to find a way to bridle my energy.
Talk? Didn't trust myself to make sense. Plus, I don't have the heart to wake up Jed, he went to bed early because he's ill. So I thought to Write? Well, it's as good as talking, but I'm giving it a go. Don't expect me to make sense. I'm tired but I know myself too well. I won't sleep unless I clear my mind a little at least.
Actually, I just read a sweet letter from Jed that he wrote about four weeks ago. He's asleep right now, but it came at a timely matter. You know those times when you feel stressed inside and you know you have no good reason, or at least you can't identify what it was that filled you up with it? Or maybe you don't know what I am talking about and it's just my weakness.
Anyhow, Jed had to go and write what he thought of me and it just so happens that he likes who I am and he even wrote specifically what he liked about me!!!
Well, how am I supposed to be full of stress and upset when my husband who knows every mistake and silly ridiculous thing about me has expressed to me the confidence and peace he feels that I am some sort of Angel to him. Makes me wonder if he realizes who he married! (: I definitely want to be that women he described. Seriously, how can one feel overwhelmed if someone is telling you they like how you're calm, and how can I be lost as to what to do, if someone is telling you they like how you're smart and level headed? Stuff like that.
Anyhow. It was like someone deflated most of the stress and upset inside of me. It was nice to hear him "say" those things right when I needed them. Well of course I had to be the strong women he seems to think I am or at least have a little more confidence. It really filled me with all sorts of warm squishiness. (Feelings-- that is.)
So a message to the husbands or actually to all spouses. Don't underestimate the power of kind words, and kind judgements. Give it a go, it makes a difference.
So it was a blessing that I stumbled upon the letter. In the morning I'll recommend that he leaves notes like that lieing around randomly through-out the house. Pockets, drawers, shoes, fridge, doors, toilets, casseroles... where ever. That way if I feel like .... like....hmm.... I don't know.....like I need an awesome note that says I'm rock'n, then I'll be OK.
For those of you that like to read into things: No I am not being too hard on myself, and no I am not depressed. No one has to worry about my stability. I believe everyone needs kindness and acknowledgement every now and then. The letter was like a cool glass of water that soothed immediately.
Random note:
P.S. If by any chance anyone who has a child near the age of four at all and reads this please either invite Allison over for the day or drop your kid off for the day, She is tired of boring old parents and needs another child to play with.
5 comments:
I agree with you completely. Words are so important.
Name the day and time and I'll bring Annaleise over to play! =)
I think you're pretty awesome as well. And yes, the words of a loved one can sure make all the difference in anyone's outlook. Love is a great thing, huh? I love you!
Love, Mom Rhien
I have been working on this for a month now. I got so much help at Time Out For Women and bought a bunch of help-ful books from them. Then President Uchtdorf's talk on Saturday night was soooooooooo helpful. I listened to it twice today.
I love the idea of learning to take "unorganized matter and turning it into something beautiful" - we have taken his advice and just run with it this week. Given us a new lease on life.
Okay, chocolate chips help, too, but only temporarily. LOVE YOU GUYS, Aunt Charlotte
Hey, I'll bring max over tomorrow ok?
Hannah
That is a really neat story of the power of kind words. I need to do that for Dallon more often. If I lived close I would be glad to give Zeeli a playmate. She also is bored of mom and wishes she had friends to play with daily.
Post a Comment