Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Lady Bug for our Lucy Bug




Here's the cake. UGh It was quite the experiment. The cake was completely gluten-free, and delicious. It took two hours to cook. It got a little lop-sided because of the kind of flours I used, they don't rise and are not as light. The middle was completely cooked, but had the texture of a hot-fudge pudding cake.

I used quadrupled the cake recipe (that I adapted to be gluten-free) in order to make this much cake...so if any of you would like to come by and help eat all the cake, we would appreciate it! (: and I'm going back to the cupcakes only for first birthdays! In fact I would be perfectly fine with only cupcakes from now on.

4 comments:

The Rhiens said...

Ahhhh! Very cute! It looks like you worked SO hard on it. Looks like she enjoyed it, too. We were going to call and wish her a Happy Birthday, but Dad had to work really late...still not home yet. We'll try to call tomorrow.

Love ya all!

Nana and Papa

Vudochki said...

Way to go on the cake! It looked great and looks like Lucy enjoyed eating it! 1st birthdays are always so much fun to watch! My how times does fly! Happy Birthday, Lucy! We miss you!

Familia Morales said...

Those are so cute! What an awesome idea. I hope you got good pictures of her eating it--can't wait to see them! Happy Birthday to Miss Lucy!

Sabs said...

wow what a cake!!! so cute so amazing! love how into birthdays your family gets...even the 242 days til ones:)