Saturday, April 18, 2009

our backyard



This may not seem like much, but our backyard is starting to look inhabitable. That took a lot of work to get it that way.

We've put in two vegetable garden boxes. A part of one of them is visible in the pictures here. We've planted peas, 3 kinds of peppers, lettuce, broccoli, garlic, and I think carrots. We've still got a little left to plant (although we are late in planting them.

Our flowers we've planted from seed are also starting to grow, so that is exciting. I hope they keep growing, and eventually it could look really nice.

A few weeks ago, you couldn't see past all the thistle, dandelions, crabgrass, leaves, and twigs all over our yard. I hope to post more pictures as soon as our gardens and flowers start growing a little more.

1 comment:

Our son Kade said...

What a nice big yard! Looks like there will be lots of room for the girls to run and play. :) hope all your plants keep growing good, we're just getting ready to get started planting stuff for the greenhouse. Love you guys.