Our first day with Papa we spent at the Zoo. We literally spend the whole day at the zoo. Everyone was exhausted when we came home. We saw many of the animals;
One of the highlights of the Zoo was the birds. Allis fed some, and --as you can see from the photos-- the birds got up close and personal. Lucy didn't know what to think of them. She definitely thought they were amazing animals. She kept trying to bark at them, but after telling her that birds say "tweet tweet" twenty times, she settled for "ooh ooh" .
Lucy is a Rhien, definitely a Rhien. (:
Allison got to play on a huge rope spiderweb, and Lucy played in the splash park there. Allison traded in some rocks at the trading center there for some cool shells (pictures to come); she made a necklace out of a bunch of tiny ones.
Then we went to a butterfly exibit where we saw TONS of butterflies. We saw a lot of cocoons too. It was very therapeutic there. I loved it. Lucy and Allison both were mezmorized by the butterflies too.
ARBORETUM
The next day we went to the arboretum which is always wonderful.
WHOLE FOODS
On our way home we stopped by a really cool store that most of you have heard of, Whole Foods. It was really fun. Samples of everything like all the fresh produce, fish, salmon hotdogs, some amazing shrimp thing (and I don't usually like shrimp) the best jalopeno beef patties ever, cheeses, cookies, milks, and juices. The kids rode in a car cart that wasn't even hard for me to steer around. The best part was Papa though, he was like a kid at Christmas.
PIZZA
That afternoon we all worked pretty hard on our homemade pizza. The gluten-free variety was more of a challenge, but ended up to be very tastey. Thanks to Papa, we were able to have the mixes to make it (these mixes aren't the normal kind, not as easy; but a better chance at a successful pizza crust than my original plan was)
SYMPHONY
finally we got a sitter and the three adults went to the symphony and heard Swan Lake, and Rachmaninoff's Concerto #2. the Pianist was amazing.
HIDE AND SEEK
Papa and Allison played a lot. I think I appeared rather dull after he left. Papa was just more fun to play with. They would play memory every morning and Hide and Go Seek when given a chance. Papa was more than happy to savor every moment he had with our girls He is a great Grandpa. Lucy really liked him to, and thought he was funny. She kept saying "papa" the whole time he was here.
5 comments:
Thanks for posting these. He had a great time and has been looking forward to seeing the pics. I am glad that he got to go. What a joy it is to be grandparents!
Love ya, Alli and Lucy!
Love, Nana and Papa
So weird that you would go see Rachmaninoff - your mom used to play that piece over and over and over.
sounds like you had a perfect grandpa visit.
Thank you for this gift of sharing these sweet moments of your life with us. Made me so happy and Cheerful. Love Grandma Marilyn
I played it over and over because it was my recital piece and my teacher expected perfection...it was not to purposely drive everyone crazy, although I am quite certain it did that, too. I quit piano lessons right after that.
Now, From a Wigwam....that one I played over and over to torture family members. I'll admit that. :) Did it work???
Love, Earlene
Just so you know, I've been so moved by your post, that now I'm crying like a sentimental fool. I'm very glad you were all able to spend that time together making memories! Thanks for sharing your pictures. :)
Post a Comment