Ok, it's a cold day for Texas. Alli went to school in shorts! she did have a coat though. I can just see the school staff now,
"what was her mother THINKING sending her to school in shorts?"
Ugh.
I've been searching the stores for a month now to see if I could find a navy blue sweater that she could wear in school. So if she gets cold in school she has something warm.
For those of you that may have forgotten. Allison has to wear a school uniform. The sweater can't have a visible logo or prints of any kind. no hood either. They are not easy to find. I can't seem to find a 5T or girls size 6 sweater anywhere.
It's now that I wish I had Mama's knitting skills. Poor Alli. It's good that she is generally warm. She gets hot so easily.
I also need to see if I can find a nice person to put me under their wing and teach me how to adjust pants. My initial plan was not to waist my money on pants that don't fit Allison.
The pants that sort of fit around her waist are often way too long. In fact pants that have a zipper and button, don't quite work. I'm wishing that I bought at least one or two that fit in the waist or come close.
I am sure I could have found a simple way to shorten the leg. I may not know how to make the width of the pants less, but I could at least shorten them. I definitely was NOT expecting things to cool down so soon.
I was thinking I'd have to do a lot of dresses with warm tights, if nothing else.
Shopping list:
pants that fit Alli (if they have any still)
Warm tights
Navy blue sweater--which is not really looking like a possibility.
More long-sleeved tops
8 comments:
Syd wears a jacket with a hood all the time.
I think there are some stores over by where we used to live that do uniforms year round.
Do you want me to look there today after work?
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=51145&vid=1&pid=677543&scid=677543042 I found that one on old navy. I don't know if you have one of their stores near, or if you could order one. They had a school uniform section too, with long sleeve shirts, and bunches of pants. Good luck!
Walmart has the sweater. I know because...nevermind, I just know. Here's the link:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11051142
Please tell Alli she looks very beautiful in that picture. xxoo
My kids don't like wearing jeans anymore. As they get past the toddler stage the pants start slimming up, so it's hard to find comfortable pants unless your kids are super skinny. We do alot of tights and leggings. Leggings are actually easier for the kids than tights. Would it look right to put white leggings under a skirt or something? Would they alow that as part of the dress code? Good luck with the sweater. Long white T-shirts will be good though.
I checked the walmart around here, they don't have them, but I did find a uniform store by wear we used to live, and they had one that fit the code great.
You can buy them from Walmart online; no need to go to the store.
shorts in October, I fail to see the problem. Of course I also wore shorts in January in WI so.......
Post a Comment