13.1 miles
weather: high of 31 degrees, feels like 27, strong winds
I am not sure how the saying goes, but I like the quote about friends walking beside each other for a mile. If anyone knows the one I'm talking about, please comment it.
Michelle and I really did go a mile together today. Only we did 13.1 and it was more like running.
She really got excited and motivated with me while I have been on this crazy training road to a marathon.
We made a deal: one overnight and two days of babysitting for each other if we make it to the race. Michelle cashed in early, so there was NO backing out for her. Although it would have been nice for me. I'd get double the baby sitting.
She was no wimp when it came to training, and she did awesome in the race.
Her motivation Inspired me. I knew I should be running more miles per week than her to get ready for the marathon and boy did she know how to push me! She really kept the miles going. It really helps to have someone so determined around, it helped me stay focussed too.
Congrats Michelle! Enjoy running 3 miles next week.... in fact enjoy the words, "I'll JUST do 3 miles today". I'll be saying the same thing in four weeks.
I could have a lot of fun running halfs. A lot less time consuming....
So here's to Friends, Insane Running Goals, a new perspective, a stronger backbone, health, and a Love for Life.
4 comments:
Way to go Laura! That's great that you have a friend to push you and keep you going. Congrats on the half, now on to the whole!
Laura I love you! I love your running, your creativity, your hard work, your passion - I love you!
Thanks for being my sister in law, for loving my brother and for inspiring me today.
WAY TO GO!
Amen to Joanna's comment, Laura. We love you and are proud of you and have enjoyed seeing you set a goal and work towards it. Good work!
You did it! Way to go! I think halfs are the best. You rocked it and you'll rock a BIG one in a few weeks!
Post a Comment