Distance: 19 miles
Time: 2 hrs, 52 min
Caleries: about 2,000
Blisters: 1 big one
The 400 M Dash
Part One:
My goal in Sixth grade was to beat my mile time, and get ready for track (which was for 7th and 8th graders only). While I tried to run faster and train harder, I quickly realized the value of having an older sister that was experienced.
Seventh Grade approached. Track had started and I chose to run the 400 M dash, because someone told me it was one of the hardest runs in Track and Field. I do NOT know what I was thinking.
My sister, Hannah was in Track too. She also chose to run the 400 M Dash. It sure was handy to have her around. I don't think anyone had sibling coaching, quite like I did.
I am really tired and my kids need me, so the rest of this story will have to wait until Monday.
3 comments:
All I can say is WOW!
And OUCH! I feel ya on the blister thing
wow! you're doing amazing - congratulations! :)
I think it is great you are running a marathon! I think it takes definite mental toughness!
Post a Comment