
TODAY'S RUN
Distance: 6.15
average speed: 7m/hr
average pace: 8:24min/mile
Caleries: 581
PART 2
Track and Field Day Olympics were coming up. We could sign up for three events. I did 100 Meter dash (once around the play ground), the 400 M Relay, and the hurdles. All of 5th grade was in an uproar of excitement. My relay team consisted of Jenny Haag, Karla Shingledecker, stephanie Scott, and me. I'm still friends with all of them. Jenny and Karla continued to do relays with me for the next few years. Stephanie moved on to being amazing in other areas (but I hear that she and Jenny will be running a half marathon in May), but we all still hung out.
Anyway. I came home with two Blue Ribbons and one red. (Hurdles was never my thing.) By this point, running was really fun, win or lose. I liked being faster than I was before. I was well aware that there will always be someone better and faster than me. What was really fun, was how much stronger and faster I was compared with the beginning of the year. I liked that feeling.
Thus, my summer plans were .... well planned.
I woke up at 5 am every morning. I had a friend I convinced to run with me. Her name was Amber. She was a great support. She would meet me at my house. Then she'd make our secret wake up call. I don't remember what it was, but I keep getting this image of the Three Amigos.
We'd run to the school and then I would run laps around the playground until I reached a mile. Then we'd run back home.
I had a genuine love for running and pain. Weird.
My mother would always shower me with praise and be very supportive of anytime I put more effort than necessary.
In fact, during my fifth grade year, I had an talk with my mother that I will never forget......
to be continued
1 comment:
Have you ever considered becoming an author? Seriously you write so well and I can't wait to hear the end of this story!! But you could write your story like Ramona! They are great no joke!
Post a Comment