So here I am, I decided to start training after we moved to Forney. I began training. Training in an of itself has been quite the challenge, and is half the accomplishment. A marathon can happen in one day, but the training for it, requires a person to be consistent, extremely self-disciplined, it requires the help of others, some financial sacrifice, and a lot of prayer.
There are a lot of things that could have made the training easier, like a bike or a treadmill or a gym membership with baby-sitting. Most people have one of those things, and if they don't have one of those things they have someone who can take the kids regularly.
I really couldn't have made it this far without all the support.
So here's to all of you who have cheered me on in this goal.
Thanks Mom and Dad for always telling me I'm amazing at running even when I'm the slowest one.
Thanks Mom and Dad Rhien for my shoes I'll be wearing in the race, and all the love and confidence you keep giving me.
Thanks to all my siblings (yes, the ones through marriage too) for helping me stay focussed and good feeling.
Thanks to all my friends out there who have said a kind word, helped me feel like my goal was a good one, and especially to those who commented on the blog during the count down.
It has really helped when I am having a particularly difficult day pertaining to running, to just click on "comments" and I'll get a second wind.
Thanks to the Whites, Flaishans, and Higgins for watching my kids, when I have a longer weekly run to get done.
Thanks the most to My husband, Jed, who has helped me keep going when maybe he'd actually prefer me to stop. Who has comforted me with patience when I was injured. Who helped me get out of bed every morning for the last two months by pushing me off the bed with his foot!
Who has told me with all sincerity, that he knows I can do this (not just the race, but the training). Thank you Jed for cleaning house and taking care of the kids while I run for three hours. Thank you for getting the kids outside to cheer whenever I finish my run.
Thank you for making me run my long runs, even if I failed to get up early enough to get it done sooner.
Thanks for pointing and laughing when preparing an ice bath for me.
No matter what happens on Saturday, I feel like I'm 3/4ths of the way there already. It is because of all of you.
Kind words can go a long way. Each one of you have played some role in this with me, you may not think it meant much,
BUT IT HAS MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE TO ME.
7 comments:
You're wonderful Laura! And you've done great and will do great on Saturday. Mentally, I'll be in Fort Worth on Saturday morning with a neon pink sign that says "Laura, pick up your knees and run on your toes!"
Love ya!
Thanks for the shout out!! No sure if I really qualify though, I only watched sweet little Lucy once.
I will say I LOVE that Jed kicked you out of bed with one foot....SUPER funny!!
Good luck on Saturday! I will be thinking about you and cheering you on from Chestnut Meadows!
You'll do GREAT!!
I'm still amazed by your dedication and hard work! I've read all of your posts as you went along, and I'm just really impressed. I hope your marathon is everything you want it to be! Love you all.
Good luck Laura! You will do great, you are an inspiration to me!
yay! can't wait to see what happens! We are actually gonna be there! Daniel and his brother and his friend are running it! HOpe to catch a glimpse of you cruising by. I will be shouting go hot mama!!! :)
Oh Laura, not 3/4 of the way... I'd say you're 9/10 of the way there! I've loved reading your running posts so much. You are VERY inspiring! I usually don't comment since I blog-read while nursing, but I've loved your blog. All I want to say is YOU CAN DO IT! You are so ready for this! I can't wait to read your race report and see some pictures!
Good luck tomorrow! you are gong to be fabulous!!! Wish I could be at the finish line to see you run across! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and praying that it goes great! you Go girl!
Post a Comment