Tuesday, February 23, 2010

4 Days/ God likes to Surprise me. and Surprise me Again.

Todays Run:
3 miles
and for the record, yesterday's cold shower..... fastest shower I ever took!

------------------

So I graduated yadda yadda. I went to Collage, and I specifically picked an apartment across the street from the track.

I was quickly introduced to the difficulty of running at high altitudes. I ran one lap, and well... I was Ga- zausted. That's all I have to say about that. Seriously, it was a shame. (:

I had a great semester, and then I got ill. Very ill.

You know, despite the bazillion side effects of my medicine, I handled them alright. But this illness really wiped me out. I became so weak. I didn't understand why until it was too late.

I won't go into too much detail with this one. Like I said earlier, some things are just too personal. I will say that I was so weak that when the Lord saw fit to give me my strength back, I had never been more grateful for my body.

I never did regain my full strength, but that's OK. Jed says that I was too hyper before anyway. (: I sometimes think that God made me too healthy at first, and is trying to make up for it now!! When the doctor gave me the go ahead to exercise, I took it to heart.

A little more than a year after that point I ran my first 5k at BYU-Idaho. I'm not sure when I started running 3miles, my memory is bad, but it was sometime during that year.

A year after that point I was running about 3-5 miles, 4-5 times a week.

I considered training for a Marathon, but the cost of the shoes and the race seemed like too much to someone who was paying for her own wedding and living.

I regret that now that I look back in hind-site. I had a lot of opportunities to do things for an abnormally cheap price then, but I was so money-conscious I wouldn't do it unless I could afford it. I probably could have ask for the money for christmas and birthdays. Then I would only have a very small amount left to pay. Of course, I didn't think of that.

Back then I didn't have children to be responsible for, housing was cheap, I had a gym and trainers I could go to for free. I didn't have to pay for my health insurance--just the bills and the pills. I had plenty of hills to train on too. (whoa, bill, pills, hills, i should be a rapper!) And the shoes and race would be half of what it is now.

Hind site is always 20/20.

After I got married, I started training, because I just was going to do it no matter what, it had been long enough.

but God had something more important and much harder for my body to do.

I was blessed with Allison.

3 comments:

Familia Morales said...

What a sweet picture of little Miss Ally! Isn't it crazy how nice and cheap college days were? You could go on a date for $1 a person! I miss those days.

I bet you could set a record for the fastest cold shower ever!

Familia Morales said...

What a sweet picture of little Miss Ally! Isn't it crazy how nice and cheap college days were? You could go on a date for $1 a person! I miss those days.

I bet you could set a record for the fastest cold shower ever!

Stefanie said...

And WHAT a blessing!! Both of them!! And there will always be a marathon! GOOD LUCK!!