Today's Run:
2 miles
---------------------
After Allison, running became harder, because it had to be done either with a jogger (which I didn't have), or when someone else could watch Alli. I was also going to school. Money was a definite issue for most young married students out there, and we were not exempt from it.
Like many of the students in our situation, we didn't have $5 to spare, let alone enough for a marathon. Those were good times.
I know few people who haven't been there.
We graduated and thanks to the support of family we were able to afford to move to Texas.
I became a Nanny for a family that would allow me to take Allison with me. She lent me her Jogger, and I would go running after work.
Money was still an issue to a race was out of the question.
Jed got hired and a friend of mine gave me her old jogger. I increased my training.
As I got closer to the end of my training, I became pregnant again.
We lost that baby, and I had one more miscarriage after that.
Finally, my friend Melissa helped me look for a Marathon to train for, but most of them were really far away or 7 plus months away, but we did find a half marathon that was in 6 weeks.
It wasn't long enough for me to train properly, but I did what I could.
The apartments we lived in at the time had a gym I could go to when it got dark, so I had a lot of flexibility in my training.
I ran that race, and did all right. I got third in my age group, but that wasn't saying much. I was in the smallest age group. lol
I posted about it, :
http://allisonrhien.blogspot.com/2007/04/congrats-laura.html
http://allisonrhien.blogspot.com/2007/03/twelve-mile-push.html
-If you read the second one, I never did run that Marathon, just the half. I became pregnant again before I got to that race and miscarried again.
However, I did have lucy almost a year from my half marathon. I feel so blessed. There are so many out there that are unable to have children, and I can only imagine what that would be like.
4 comments:
You ought to become a motivational speaker! You have such a way with words! I never knew you had those problems (I haven't read in a while and read back a few posts) I knew of your food allergy and thought you were amazing for overcoming that, but learning of more complications! Wow, you were awesome to me before knowing this, now you are like major awesome! You can and will do this, you have too much determination not to!!!
You are amazing! Wow. Good job. You have become quite the runner. Thanks for sharing.
Hey..our blog is now private, so can I get your email address in order to invite you to it.
Thanks!
Becky
runorbust@gmail.com
You are so close Laura! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear how the race goes.
We'll be cheering you on from the air over the US. Haha. Although we won't be there in Dallas, we'll be thinking of you and anxious to hear how it all goes. You're amazing. Love, Mom and Dad Rhien
Post a Comment