Wednesday, May 05, 2010

recipe help!!!!! Doctor's Orders


Well,
Without disclosing more than I can, I am asking for help on recipes. I know I have a lot, and some pretty stink'n good ones too, but things just got a little more difficult.

As if eating gluten-free wasn't annoying enough, I have been advised by my doctor to alter it a little more.

She wants me to be as strict as possible with a low fat, low carb, no refined sugar diet. Also steady exercise ( no prob) and plenty of vitamins. This won't solve the problem completely but hopefully will reduce pain.

Well I am doing a sort of low carb diet naturally, seeing as my wheat is out, which knocks out bread and pasta. Still I could use some recipes that are healthy, do not have a ton of crazy ingredients, and something to fill my sweet tooth cravings with no refined sugar.

So bring the recipes on.

I am not the healthiest person alive by the end of this I don't know who is. (:

7 comments:

Liz said...

Ooh, this will be a challenge! How cool though- I love a good food challenge, especially when it will make you healthier. One of my best friends here has a son allergic to gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, bananas, and avocados. So I've been experimenting a little when they come over for dinner. My recent fave- sweet curry chicken and veggies over basmati rice. Do you like curry? MMmmmmm. May also give you that little "Sweet zing". Good luck! I'll let you know if I have any flashes of low carb gluten free low fat inspiration!

Familia Morales said...

I've got a few for you, but don't want to take up space here. I'll email them to you and send a message to facebook.

Hope your new diet helps with everything that's been going on.

Love ya
Mel

kera said...

it may sound weird, but the south beach diet recipe book actually has quite a few good recipes. i don't know if it has everything you're looking for, but definitely no-suger and low-fat.

Pamela Brown said...

Fruit smoothies are always good to fill those sugar cravings. Just any combination of frozen fruit, ice cubes and milk. If you have a juicer that is really good too because your not adding any sugar, just drinking fruit pretty much :) I am struggling with recipes myself so I hope that helps :)

Grant and Christine said...

Is honey okay? I love it on my oatmeal and raisins have an awesome sweet kick, even better than chocolate! Good luck!

Elodia Strain said...

I have some good ones. I'll send them to you in the dinner thank you card I still have sitting on my table!! I'll call you this week! -Elodia

Sarah Ewell said...

Hi, so I know Jed, my name is Sarah {Boyer}, and I also recently found out I need a gluten and dairy-free diet. A few good places for recipes I've found are:

http://unconventionalkitchen.blogspot.com/

http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com/

http://wildflowermorningrecipes.blogspot.com/

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/

http://www.glutenfreemama.com/

http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/

Also, Muffin said you're in Dallas! We're moving down there at the end of the year... Email me!

sarah.m.ewell@gmail.com

Good luck!