Friday, May 20, 2011

Good News!

We are please to announce a new little Rhien on the way due in October.

We had a sonogram yesterday, and we are excited to tell you all that we are having a.........





... Alien!!
Well,


  In February, Jed came downstairs one especially difficult day with a look of shock.  He announced we were going to have a baby.  He held in his hand the test I had taken earlier which I thought to be negative.  I hadn't stuck around long enough for the test to register the positive lines. I assumed it was one of many negative tests, don't even know why I kept buying them. See we've wanted another ever since we moved, and a little before.  Instead, I endured many health issues and ran a marathon, and tried to be the best mama for the two I had already been blessed with.
>
> We cried for joy. At the same time my heart went a million ways. I knew so many that have been waiting longer and would be happy with one. People that probably would be a better parent than I. Why me? The blessing is overwhelming and incomprehensible.  For about two months into the pregnancy I had a hard time believing it was true, it was like I wasn't truly convinced until my first visit to the doctors at 11 weeks when I saw the baby on a sono.
>
> To those of you that might be struggling in the topic of babies I want to say I  love you. Thank you for your strength and example. Thank you for your well wishes to me despite the inner struggle. My prayers are with you.

>
> and now  without putting anything off any longer.... some of you are waiting to know if we are having a girl or a boy.


>  We are happily expecting a baby girl  on October 16th!!!! The due date is SO cool because Lucy, Alli, and I are all born on the 16 too. Hope the baby comes on her due date this time around :)
> I'll be 19 weeks along on this Sunday!

> We love our beautiful girls, and we couldn't ask for anything better. Our first two have an interesting and special relationship that I am sure will be shared with girl #3. I'm so excited to have my three princesses!! To be honest, I really love doing the princess thing with my girls. I always thought I'd be more of a football throwing t-ball kind of mom, but these girls have worked their charm on Jed and I.  We've had a few random comments from friends about how they thought we'd be disappointed by the news, as they felt that every family needs an even "brady bunch" number of girls and boys to be complete- or even to go as far as to say that they assume we're having a large family just until we get our boy. We couldn't be happier that God knows us well and has blessed us so greatly with these wonderful children that we have, that fit our family so perfectly.

Love to you all from our family-

-Laura

21 comments:

"The Landlord" said...

Congratulations! Struggles with getting pregnant are never easy... I'm so grateful your story has a happy ending! Good luck to you and your little one! May the rest of the pregnancy go smoothly and may you all be happy and healthy!
Bree

Sandra said...

Soo cool. So happy for you all.
Having grown up in a 3-girl family, I think it's great. Of course, you might yet get a tom-girl!

ashley said...

Congrats to you and your family! I certainly hope your baby girl arrives on the 16th so that we can share a birthday :)
Best wishes and lots of love,
Ashley

The Rhiens said...

Very excited to welcome your sweetheart into the world and into your family...and I hope she'd born on the 16th, too. It helps us grandparents keep birthdays straight. ;) Love you guys! Congratulations!

Love, Mom Rhien

Carole said...

Congratulations, I am sooooo happy for you. We had 3 girls in our family with no boys in between and it was nice. So hope you are feeling okay Laura. Love you.
Grandma W.

Vudochki said...

HOOOOOOOOOORAY! I am so excited that you're having a girl! 3 girls is the best! I hope your pregnancy goes well! We love you, Rhien Family!
Love, Jessica and Dan!

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

Horray!! Stick with what you know!! That's my rule of thumb. Congratulations on another girl! At least you have all the stuff you need.

brittany said...

Congrats Laura another baby is way exciting!!

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed my three girls.We had so much fun. going swiming getting all dressed up and just laughing. Love Grandma Marilyn

erinb80 said...

Oh my gosh Laura!!! Congratulations!!! You are due 2 days before me, how cool is that. We find out the gender hopefully on Monday. Send me those girl vibes! Lots of love, Erin

Shannon said...

Awww, congrats! :D

Liz said...

What FANTASTIC news! I am so thrilled for you guys! I hope the pregnancy/birth are perfect and safe. I agree- how cool if she really is born on the 16th!

Jason Both said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. Your family will be like mine. Lots of girls. At this point I think (if we ever have the chance to have one more) "what in the world would I do with a boy now after having three girls!" Life is full of girly things around here. Good luck with pregnancy.

Michelle Homp said...

Congratulations Laura!! What a beautiful post - I can just imagine what a wonderful mommy you are and God couldn't have made a better choice than to give you these three blessings :). Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

Michelle Homp said...

Congratulations Laura!! What a beautiful post - I can just imagine what a wonderful mommy you are and God couldn't have made a better choice than to give you these three blessings :). Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

Joanna said...

Your words are beautiful Laura. I can relate to those feelings in many ways. Love you guys and love that we live closer to you so we'll get to see the little sweetie when she's brand new :)

Pamela Brown said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you guys. You have 2 beautiful girls and soon another one to join the family :)

Happy Hastings' said...

Very happy for you both!! Best of wishes throughout your pregnancy!!

Grant and Christine said...

Wow, congrats! I have been out of the internet loop and am just getting back. You do deserve another baby! I am surely a worse mother than you!! :)

Grant and Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison Lauber de Garza said...

Congratulations to you guys! I finally found your new page after having lost your contact info due to a new computer. It's wonderful you are having another little girl... I will keep reading to catch up! :)