Monday, August 29, 2005

We're back from our vacation






We made it back safely from our vacation. It was such a wonderful thing to be able to see Great Grandparents (and Great Great Grandparents for Alli!) We love them so much. It was hard to leave after our three days that we got to visit with them. They are both doing better than I had thought they would be. Grandma is still very alive and her brain hasn't faltered one bit. She still remembers everything from years and years ago. We had a good time hearing some wonderful family stories from her. We recorded most of it on tape so our children can see it later. Grandpa comes and goes with his cognition, but on good days, he is really doing better than I had thought he would be. He and Alli really seemed to have a neat connection from the start. He loved to play with her, and sing songs to her. He played "this little piggy with her" countless times, and also taught Alli how to blow kisses. They had a kisses war, and I'm not sure who won.

We have included a few pictures here today, but will put more pictures of the vacation up on the blog later. School starts today for Laura and I, so we are scrambling trying to get some things ready for classes.

We had a very wonderful time on this relaxing vacation.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

I'm so glad that you posted pictures from your vacation! And the picture of the lighthouse is breathtaking - makes me want to hop in the car and drive up there right now.

Glad that you got to see the great grandparents, and glad that you had a relaxing and enjoyable time.

Can't wait to see more pictures, and see you guys this weekend!!! YAY!

Love, Joanna

Anonymous said...

Ok...so I opened your blog and saw the pictures and just burst into tears. I'm not sure what made me respond that way. I am just so glad that you had the opportunity to go visit Grandma and Grandpa. I can't even remember the last time that I saw Grandpa. It has been many years and for some reason it just really touched me to see the three of you there with them. To know that they got to meet Alli. And the pictures of the coast made me "homesick". I am so glad that you made the trip and hope to see more pictures soon. We can't wait to see you guys this weekend. Allison has turned into a little girl. Wow! Can't wait to get to know her anew. :)

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Jed -

bring your video camera and cord with you to Cedar, and we can hook it up to my computer. Then you can show them all the pictures you showed me.

Hope school and your library job is going well

Love - Paul

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures. Looks like a neat visit. I loved the picture of Alli on the beach - sweet! Love ya, Alicia