Sunday, September 11, 2005

Marraige and Family Therapy studies


As some of your know, I have been studying social work and have a lot of classes under marraige and family therapy. My final two courses are "Stress in Family Coping" and "Parenting Stewardship". I am reading a lot of trully excellent books that show examples of families in Family Therapy, and they take you through the whole process. As I studied these families, I realized that a good half or more of the United States could do well do to go to Family Therapy, but that the only way a family can progress is if they are humble enough to not get offended and get to work. Many of these doctors said that usually the men in the family don't want to go through the pain that is required for happiness and progression and a lot of families have this imbalance. As I finished studying these families in one of the books, I truelly have grown more in love, and relearned some of the reasons I am so in love with Jed. I suppose I have never met anyone quite like Jed before. He is so hard working, and has his heart in everything. He is anything but selfrighteous. Ever since I have known him, he has been constantly growing and progressing, and does what it takes to do it. He is so humble and patient. He doesn't worry what others think of him, he is always willing to try new things, even if he may not be as experienced as others. He treats all his siblings as equals, not lesser or better according to age or order. He always treats me with the utmost respect. He opens all my doors, helps with the cooking and cleaning, is the cutest dad ever, and supports me in all I do and work for. We have fun together too. We are reading Harry Potter together, play games, and go for walks. We like to do adventure-type stuff too. Our friends have snow mobiles, and that was fun, we go for hikes, and camping, and we hope to save up to learn how to ski some day. We hope to go to Mt. Bora with my side of the family and do some fun things there. He makes me laugh, and plays songs on the piano (that we got from our wedding) for me, and is now teaching Alli how to play. He is slow to judge and I guess I could go on forever. I guess I just wanted to tell everyone how happy I am and how much I love my husband. I couldn't hold it in. I don't know about all of you, but I am always pleased to hear stuff like this. Satan attacks families, and I am so grateful that Jed and I can work hard together to come together and do all that we can do to make our family a comforting place for our children as well and Jed and I. I love you all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I talked to GRANDMA lUSK TODAY @UN 11-05 AND SHE IS SO CHEERED UP BY YOUR VISIT. i download pictures to send her too.

Laura I so enjoyed what you have written about families. Glad you love my grandson causr I do Too. Love Grandma Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I talked to GRANDMA lUSK TODAY @UN 11-05 AND SHE IS SO CHEERED UP BY YOUR VISIT. i download pictures to send her too.

Laura I so enjoyed what you have written about families. Glad you love my grandson causr I do Too. Love Grandma Marilyn

Joanna said...

Laura, this was touching to read. I feel blessed and grateful that my brother has a wife that loves him as much as you do, and who respects and recognizes his talents and gifts. What a blessing it is to have all of you in our family.

Love ya girl!
Joanna

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! What a heartfelt post. We are all grateful that Jed has found someone who loves him so much. He's a great guy and he has a great wife. :) And darling little girl. How richly blessed we all are!

Love, Mom Rhien