Friday, August 11, 2006

Daddy and Mommy the puppets


Alli and Mommy made crafts today. We made puppets out of paper and lunch bags and egg cartons. Alli liked to play supervisor. She colored quite a bit and told me what color for me to use to "help" color. I filled in some of the gaps and taped the eye balls to each puppet; she called them mommy and daddy, too bad I'm bald! It was fun. Today Alli discovered salsa. Since I can't have wheat, I had some chips and salsa with my eggs for breakfast. She wanted to dip chips in the salsa too. She loved it so much she started to dance; she had more chips and salsa than I did!
This morning she was explaining to Jed something --though He couldn't understand all of it-- she spoke as clearly as she could (believing we understood every word!) and the last part sounded something like this:"Then I knock loud and said Mommy wake up!" Which was exactly what she just did this morning. We were laying in bed and heard Alli knocking on her bedroom door saying "wake up mommy, wake up Daddy." in her mini two year old voice. The other day she bumped into me on accident and said, " Oops, sorry mommy." She'll repeat anything we say, even if it's in Russian. Yesterday, we went for a walk, and Alli saw an airplane in the sky and said, "Look Mommy, I see a airplane," She communicates very well. She is a very well-behaved, anxious to learn, happy, content, fun-loving child.
Alli is a good example of someone who puts most of her energy in the things that makes her and others smile and very good at accepting that there are some things she wants but can't have. She is such a smart, kind girl. Life is good in this Rhien home, we appreciate all the prayers for alli and Jed and I. We love you all so very much. We feel so blessed to have the family (on both sides) that we have.
love ,
laura

3 comments:

The Rhiens said...

How cute! :)

Love, Nana and Papa Rhien

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

We're so glad Alli is feeling better. I hope she is learning to speak Russian, too. I'm sure I told you - I used to have a friend whose mother was from France. They spoke French on one floor and English on the other. I thought that was such a good idea and wanted to do it with Blake, but we always lived in tiny 3 room apartments, Oh, and I only had one year of high school German to teach him. It didn't work too well.
hehehe
Love you, Aunt Charlotte

Liz said...

Thanks for commenting on my bloggie! I think blogs are a lot of fun- no better way to keep in touch! I agree that Alli and Emeline definitely need to meet sometime. They'd have a lot of fun! We'll let you know if we're ever in the great state of Texas. When are you going to Farmington next? I have no earthly idea when we are, but it would be great to be there together sometime-