Sunday, August 06, 2006

Our unexpected weekend

Hey all,
as some of you already know Alli spent her first night in the hospital since she was born. She is home now (1:30 pm Sunday) Her weazing (sp?) has gone down quite a bit. We were told to put her in a steaming bathroom, and if we could have more than one humidifyer in her room at night, it could really help her. She was a real champ. Yesterday Alli was pretty scared of the treatments she recieved through an oxygen mask thing, I don't know how to say it right, let alone spell it. Now all of the Rhien families now know why I never attempted to be a doctor. The third treatment the Nurse got a second oxygen mask for Alli's teddy bear. Alli gave us all a turn with the second mask, but when the mask was turned on she freaked out again, but she got to take one home. She wants to be a doctor now. She puts the mask on her teddy and other stuffed animals and says "all better". We are glad we took her in. We initially took her in to a walk-in urgent care clinic, and they didn't even charge us, they told us to go straight to the hospital. The doctor at the hospital there said it was the worst case of croup he had ever seen. She had a fun trip in a wheel chair going up to her room when she was admitted. I wish I had a camera; she was all snug with her blanky, and courious george monkey. She loved the ride, and could have rode all day in the "stroller" as alli would call it. Jed and I are probably catching it from alli but the symptoms in adults aren't as bad. I can't work this week, so I don't get the kids I work with ill too. All in all, we feel blessed. We love you all,
laura and Jed and Alli_

5 comments:

The Rhiens said...

We're SO glad that Alli is doing better and was able to return home. Get better soon, Alli. Grandpa and Julia and I are coming to see you in a few weeks. We are excited to see you and your mom and dad.

Love, Nana and Papa Rhien

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

We apologize that we haven't written you an e-mail or called or anything. You have been in our thoughts and prayers all weekend, and we love you a lot. Get better fast.

-Paul & Nicole

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

We are so glad Alli is better. You have all been in our prayers. We love you all and hope you all heal soon. Love, Aunt charlotte and Uncle Brian

Vudochki said...

Miss Alli! I'm so glad to hear that you are ok. Your Aunt Nicole told us about what happened. We felt so bad, but we're happy now that you're ok. The Lord sure does love you Alli!
Love, Jessica, Dan and Mckenzie

Joanna said...

Poor Alli! We're so glad that you are feeling better - we love you lots and lots!

Love, Aunt Joanna, Uncle Cory & Gabe