Friday, November 09, 2007

Guess Boy or Girl

Today we had our baby appointment. We are scheduled to get a sonogram next Thursday. I thought it would be fun to see what guesses are out there. So post your guess, get a genuine, 100% high five from yours trully.
To help you with your guess, I'll answer any questions anyone has.

Just for fun, I looked up a site with old wives tales. Here are the answers to the questions that were asked on the site.
*My hair is always very thick, but I think my hair is thinner than before, or at least straighter.
*No, the hair on my legs is not growing faster.
*I think my nails are the same as they were before, but they have always grown fast and have been pretty strong
*My morning sickness has been significantly better than with Allison, almost never.
*As for my cravings, I've been craving, bacon, Arby's fries and sandwiches, and I really like to drink lemonade, but only if it's not too sweet. i won't turn down sugar, but it's not as satisfying as it used to.
*Surprizingly, my rear end does not seem bigger.
*My feet are not colder
*The baby's heart rate is above 140
*I pretty much hate Orange juice
*As for how I am carrying, look at the picture and decide for yourselves,
*the shape of my tummy: If i had to choose beach ball or watermelon, I would say I am leaning towards watermelon
* Is the baby kicking high or low: definitely low
*Is the baby kicking left or right:?? both?
*Jed is not gaining weight and even losing weight
*I have not noticed that I have gained weight in the face, but I'm assuming I will, because that is usually the first place it goes

Allison says it's a girl. Jed and I are neutral in what we want or what gender we think the child is.

Ok, those are the answers to questions I've gotten so far (yes, we've had people ask me some of these things, for fun of course), if there are any more questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

32 comments:

Joanna said...

My guess is boy....at least that's what Hunter and Gabe are hoping for. They have no boy cousins yet on the Rhien side!

That's a funny list of things though....and as far as how my pregnancies were - and the symptoms I had - I am saying BOY.

How fun that you'll get to have your ultrasound before coming to Farmington - that's exciting.

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

well, I wouldn't have thought of all those questions, but from your answers, I would say boy, too.

It's a hard one because right now, you guys are split with 2 girls and 2 boys - maybe you should have twins - one of each and that would keep the quota even for Earlene. :)

LOVE YOU, Aunt Charlotte

Anonymous said...

I say boy too. I decided that before reading the comments.Who ever pops out will be beautiful and wonderful and a spirit all their own with thier own personality. I am thankful we are blessed with our own personalities. Much Love Grandma Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I say boy too. I decided that before reading the comments.Who ever pops out will be beautiful and wonderful and a spirit all their own with thier own personality. I am thankful we are blessed with our own personalities. Much Love Grandma Marilyn

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I think its a boy too, even before I read what other people wrote back, I thought, hmmm - I bet boy. :) Thanks for the pictures, and the fun. Can't wait to see you all. Love you! Alicia

Liz said...

Very cute!! Um, I'm going to guess boy, because I puked my guts out when I was pregnant with Eme but only did 5 times while I was pregnant with Jarom. So it is definitely going to be a boy. :) I'm excited to find out! You better be blogging next Thursday afternoon! (That's when you said the appt was, right?) How exciting!

Anonymous said...

I say it's a boy!

Katie

The Rhiens said...

Well, I have to agree with all of the comments to date. I am basing my guess on the fact that you have been less sick this time around. I was SO much sicker with both my girls than with my boys, and I have heard so many people say that same thing. It would be exciting to have a boy to pass on the Rhien name. He would be the first grand-son for us and great-grandson for Mama and Papa Rhien that would carry on the name. We'll all be excited either way, though!

Mom, Dad and Julia

Familia Morales said...

I'm going with boy...just from your answers and that's how it was for me when I was pregnant with Eric. Part of me wants to say girl, just because nobody else has said girl yet...somebody has to be the odd duck! I'm still going with boy though. Either way we're really excited for you guys.

Ashley Wray said...

I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congrats! When are you due? I'm going to say its a boy but my only basis is that you already have a girl! I'm so excited for you! You'll have to be sure and let us know!

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

Sorry to have such a one-sided tally of votes. We said boy too - before we read what everyone else said.

Can't wait to see you. -Paul & Nicole

Holland Family said...

I bet it will be another Girl!!!

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is Does anybody have Boys) not me. It will be another girl. Sorry Kids. Love Grandpa Whisler

"The Landlord" said...

I say boy too, mostly since youre not as sick! Good luck!

Lauren said...

girl - so Alli can dress her up!

jed-laura said...

I'm going to have to go with girl, because I've felt like this may be a girl all along.

-Jed

Anonymous said...

After Clay came along, I thought we'd have nothing but boys. But girls sure are special, especially ours. I want a boy, but for selfish reasons. There are just not enough really good men in the Church to marry our sweet daughters. I know a little boy in your family would eventually become a great missionary, husband and father. And I like Alli, too. Pops

Anonymous said...

I think it's a girl!
-Dana

Anonymous said...

i've decided to go against what everyone else is saying and say it's another girl! I have nothing to back up that guess, I just want to be different! Have you picked out any names that you like?
Love ya,
Liz

Amy said...

GIRL!

Anonymous said...

Laura, you look adorable!! (and so does Alli!) the funny thing is before you sent me your link, I had just stumbled across your blog from I think the wrays, anyway, my vote is another girl.
Shannon

Sammy said...

I thought I was going to say girl to be different but now I am saying girl because I think it is one!!

Anonymous said...

the way it sounds i have to go with a boy as well. but either way i am happy for you. and your daughter is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!!!! You have the cutest family EVER! My guess is that it's a little boy. How far along are you?
-katie press

Anonymous said...

Yah, I'm blog retarted, so I vote girl. Yup...it's a girl. But they told me my boy was a girl at first...beware!
-Kristina Shelley

Anonymous said...

I think the baby is a boy!
-Racheal Roberts

Ivy said...

I think it's a boy!

Dianna said...

boy

Vudochki said...

Girl. I figure that we followed you with Allison and Mckenzie. Now you can follow us with Abigail and your baby!

Dan

Hannah said...

ok, Jenner says boy, but i say girl. You look super cute!
Hannah

Anonymous said...

girl..
-mom Scott

Anonymous said...

I vote boy....everyone is having a girl!
-Sara