
For those of you that don't know, I was a premature baby, but not too premature at least for these days. I was born about the size of a cantaloupe. (Or at least that is what babycenter.com would compare it to) In other words I was about 4.5 pounds when I was born and about 6-8 weeks early, I can't remember.
Below is what Babycenter.com has to say about our baby at 34 weeks.
"Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well."
5 comments:
Hello! I am so excited for your new little bundle of joy. I can't believe how big Allie is getting and now she's going to be a big sister. Anyway, congratulations you guys. What a beautiful family you have!
A cantaloupe huh? Sounds yummy!
I dont know--I can't remember the last time I had a 4 lb cantalope. Sounds like one of those giants my dad grew this year.
I hope you are feeling better soon.
Love, Sandra
You look beautiful! I can't believe you are already at 34 weeks!
What? A cantaloupe? You're having a cantaloupe?? Just kidding. We are excited to meet this little sweetie pretty soon. Not too much longer!
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment