Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Watch me grow, the walls of Jericho, The Great Depression, and a word(s) from Allison




So, as some of you may know, We misplaced our camera charger ( along with my brain) so we haven't been able to take pictures or videos. I've been lazy when it came to posts, because I have been physically drained. It took all I had to just do the basics.

Anyhow. Here are some pictures taken from our computer. Our apartment is impossible to light up. The only widow that can help at all is the one I had to close so the camera from the computer wouldn't have back lighting.
WATCH ME GROW
My sister-in-law has told me a number of times, that she keeps forgetting I'm pregnant because we haven't seen them in a long time. So I thought I'd post some pictures, so it can seem more real to those of you far away.

I'm 34 weeks this week, but not for a couple more days (picture of me in the red and white shirt), The picture with me in a black shirt, and khaki pants, I am around 21-24 weeks along. The picture where I am wearing all black I am about 28 weeks along (You'll see a front on view and then a side view.) I posted a picture of when I was 17 weeks just so ya'll can see the difference) I was hoping to take a picture of every week, but I guess I wasn't ambitious enough.

PLEASE NO COMMENTS ON HOW I'VE "BLOSSOMED" OR HOW I'M GOING TO BE A "MEGA MOMMA BY 40 WEEKS" OR " YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE DUE ANY DAY NOW" OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR COMMENT. I'll save you the time, I know I carry out, way out. Yes, my back hurts but I feel great. Yes, there are several women in my church that are 40 weeks and smaller than me. No I am not over on weight-gain compared to what an average women gains, I'm actually under now (much to my surprise). No, I don't think she'll come early or close to the due date, so just pretend I am really 32 weeks along. Yes, I am swelling despite my healthy diet, and I've noticed. I think I covered everything!

WALLS OF JERICHO
My sister-in-law, Joanna, has had to deal with a lot having everyone in the house be ill. I've been partially-ill (still functional) for the last month, but in the last week and a half, I've only gotten worse. Jed said he knew it was bad when he came home to an attention-needing Allison and the house was fairly messy. Jed has been an angel in taking care of me, though it was obvious he was ill as well.

Poor Jed has had to move to the couch the last couple of nights, because he can't sleep when I wake up several times during the night and bring down the walls of Jericho [as he put it (: ] with my constant nose-blowing. Plus, in between my trumpetings, apparently I do a good job imitating Darth-Vader !!! This is not a pity party, just the only eventful thing going on!!

Despite the fact that getting sick is never fun, we've kept going and had some laughs with it.

THE GREAT DEPRESSION
Jed should really be writing this part for greater detail. Jed saw a one-act play that one of the young men from church had the main part in. He's a senior in High school. The play was about the Great Depression.

I want to juice him for more details of everything that went on in his mind and heart because of his reaction to the play.

He came home from it and ran up to me and kissed me. He looked me in the eyes and told me all that he was grateful for, and how blessed he felt. He was on one, it was fantastic! I love him so much.

9 comments:

jed-laura said...

Wow Laura, You're really really good looking.

I'm a lucky man to be married to you!

You're a Mega (hot) Mama!

love ya- your sweetie.

Jenni said...

Um . . .I was just going to say that I think you are cute pregnant! You don't swell any place, like your face or anything! I never saw you pregnant before so I am glad that you put some pics of you! So don't listen to anyone, I think you look great!

The Rhiens said...

Ahhhhhh! You are looking SO cute! I love your new haircut and I think you are absolutely adoreable pregnant. I don't suppose you feel adoreable, but I think you're looking great!

It will be fun to meet Baby Girl Rhien in the fairly near future. Can't wait to come see all of you!

Love, Mom Rhien

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I think you look great. It drives me crazy when women can be pregnant and not show it except from the side, like you are - I'll have to post some of my pregnancy photos.... I just carried all over the place. heheh

I hope you all can get over the flu quickly. It is a bugger. Don't forget the vinegar water. It really helps Love, Aunt Charlotte

Vudochki said...

Laura~When I was pregnant with Mckenzie, my father-in-law said that I was looking "pleasantly plump"! I think you're a beautiful pregnant woman. I hope you are feeling better. Get some good nights sleep before little miss ??? comes. We love you! Jessica, Dan, Mckenzie and Abby

Familia Morales said...

You look awesome! I wish I looked as good as that when I was pregnant. I love your haircut too! Hope you all get feeling better soon. And thanks for the laugh, I love the whole 'walls of jericho' comparison!

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

thanks for posting some pictures. now we can remember that you're having a baby.

Can't wait to meet her and see your place in a few months.

Love, P., N., & T.

chattypatra said...

Whoever cannot see how beautiful you are is a complete idiot!

Shannon said...

you look absolutely adorable