We welcome Lucy Marie Rhien to the world.
She was born last night at 11:01.
Now if you have a hard time figuring out any of the girl's birthdays in our family, it would surprise me. Lucy was born on April 16th, Laura was born on May 16th, and Alli was born on June 16th.
Lucy weighed 7 and a half pounds, and was 20 inches long.
She has been alert and excited to look around after birth. She's also very sleepy and loves snuggling close to her mom and dad.
Allison is just head over heals happy about this new arrival, and is excited to tell her all about earth and how to use your body. She's really going to be a helpful little big sister.
Laura did wonderfully. She gave birth naturally with no drugs at all. She commented that after doing something that hard, she knows she can do anything she wants to. I agree. She did a GREAT job. She started labor at around 5:30 with semi-regular and painful contractions. We had the baby in our arms by 11:01. When we went to the birth center, she had already progressed quite a bit, and was only a few hours from giving birth to our little angel of a daughter.
We'll post more later, but for today, I'll get a few images up here so you don't all wait in wonder as to what she looks like.
Love you all.
-Jed
p.s. Please keep Laura in your prayers as she recovers from the birth, I know that she's really working to make this recovery as smooth as possible. She had a small seizure after the labor was over for about 1.5 hours or so. She is doing well, and our Certified Nurse Midwife, birthing assistants, friends, pediatrician, and Laura's Neruologist are all in collaboration to help out to help her get her feeling better. She is doing SO well right now- really loads better than yesterday! We are blessed with so many abundant blessings and kind service from many many friends and family. We love you all and appreciate your love and support.
12 comments:
We are so happy for you and Laura! Lucy is beautiful! Laura, you are amazing to go through all of that for your baby. And just so you know, I've been checking your blog every hour waiting for this post. You got it up a lot sooner than I thought you would. Good on ya! We'll keep you all in our prayers. Congratulations!
Love
Melissa
LOVE YOU ALL!
So glad that Lucy is here, she's healthy, Laura's doing better, and excited for Ali to be a big sister.
So fun, and makes me wish we lived down the street from you guys so Allison could come play at our house, I could snuggle with that little sweetheart Lucy, and help Laura out.....
Love you all. Know you're in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, Joanna
Congratulations you two!!!!!I hope you are feeling better Laura, that had to be a very traumatic experience for you. The baby looks real sweet and I love the picture of Allison holding her baby sister. She will probably be more help than you need. We love you all.
Love, Grandma W
Congrats to all of you. Hope Laura feels beter soon.
Oh that is so wonderful for you guys. I can already see some of Ali in Lucy. AND I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her name. It fits your family perfectly!
Send Laura my love! She's a trooper!!
Way to go Laura!! You guys are in our prayers. Lucy is a doll! Ali looks like she is being so careful holding on to her.
Congrats!!
What a beautiful little girl and a new best friend for Allison! I'm so happy for your growing family. My hopes and prayers go with you at this exciting event in your lives.
Love, DEVI
What a beautiful little girl and a new best friend for Allison! I'm so happy for your growing family. My hopes and prayers go with you at this exciting event in your lives.
Love, DEVI
We are so excited Lucy has arrived! We wish we were there to help you out. That first little while is so tiresome. Lucy is simply precious! I love the picture of Alli and Lucy. It's awesome how she's so nurturing to her baby sister and friend! We're glad to hear all is well. We'll keep Laura in our prayers! We love you guys! Jessica, Dan, Mckenzie and Abby
Oh what an angel little Lucy is! She could not have been born into a more loving and wonderful family. Laura, I am so proud of you - what an accomplishment! Congratulations and may your family always be blessed.
Congrats! Little Lucy is beautiful! How fun to be adding such a new and sweey little baby to your family. Laura, no drugs, I don't know how women do that, but more power to you! I hope recovery keeps going well and that everyone is healthy! Congrats again!
Hey, Laura, Wonder Woman has nothing on you! Alli, you are big sister now - that's great! Jed, you are a great Dad and Husband; congratulations for being the head of such a pretty family! :)
Can't wait to translate her blessing.
Post a Comment