Tuesday, June 24, 2008

When I Woke Up...

You know those times when you think you are getting up, or are trying to wake up, but your eyes don't open? That was me today.

Lucy cried much of the night, but I got her through it.

Jed was leaving for work, and Allison was awake. Lucy was still asleep.

Allison came up to me, gave me a sweet kiss on the cheek. She said
"Mom, wake up!"
"Ok honey, I'm sorry. I am so tired!" The thought 'five more minutes' entered my mind, but then I realized that would be bad parenting. Still, my eyes somehow shut again. It was like a car without a battery.

"Mom. Dad said you would get up." She cornered me. Ok, I swung my legs off the bed hoping that would help me get up.

Allison must have noticed I was having trouble, because she decided I needed some advice!

"Mom, you should pray. He can help you. Onwee (only) Heavenwee Father is really clear. Because I pwayed (prayed) to have him help me do a cartwheel, but ...um.. He couldn't hold onto my legs.

So sometimes He can help, and sometimes He can't."


Let me tell you. Being a mom can be tiring, but it is soooo worth it! (:

3 comments:

Familia Morales said...

Love it! Alli says the cutest things!

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

we all laughed at that one - He couldn't hold onto my legs.

What a kid. I love how she fell asleep doing yoga. Looks to me like she was getting ready to do Cobra. that's about how far I get when i try cobra. hehe.. Love, Charlotte

Jessica said...

oh my goodness that is the cutest thing I've ever heard a little girl say =) And lucky you to have a house so quiet? Did you do dishes...somehow that's what we end up doing when we have a spare moment.