Thursday, July 03, 2008

Way 2 Go Lucy!

Yesterday I took Lucy to the Doctor's. They think that she has acid reflux. We gave Lucy some medicine last night. I fed her at 11pm. I heard her wake up or wimpering at 4am.

I had laid her down at midnight, So when I looked at the clock, I thought to myself "If I let her, she's gone five or six hours at one point. So I'll see if she goes back to sleep," and she did! I was assuming she'd wake up in an hour or two. Quarter to 9 am she wakes up!!!! That's almost TEN hours between feedings!!!! and I enjoyed every ounce of it!

I needed it, because I've been feeling really fatigued lately, and I think it was more than just because I had interrupted sleep. So I think that part of it is tribute to the medicine we gave her, and to my good friend Chandra Richins who lent me her book, "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child"

Hurray for Lucy!!!


So there's two wonderful ways to wake up. One being woken up by Allison the way I wrote about in the earlier post "When I woke up" and waking up feeling 100% rested to a smiling Lucy.

I love my girls.

3 comments:

Familia Morales said...

Yeah for Lucy! Yeah for you! Yeah for sleep! We love sleep!

The Rhiens said...

Hooray! Sleep is good. I am glad this worked for you last night and hope it is an answer for the future as well. Good luck.

Mom Rhien

Jeremy's Jade said...

My sister's baby had acid reflux so bad she just screamed all the time and was inconsolable. The doctor finally gave her Baby Prilosec and she's much, much happier. I know when I have heartburn I just want to scream too! :)