Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Been Tagged

We've been tagged, It's sort of fun still. Here we go.


How did we meet?
The Back to school dance at BYU-Idaho. I got split up with my friend who went to flirt with some of her brother's friends. I wanted to dance so I went closer to the speakers. I was circle hoping, trying to find a group that was having some real fun. I saw a circle full of people wearing the same official-looking polo shirt. They were having the time of their life. Bingo. So I jumped in, introduced myself and danced with everyone there. Jed, of course, was in the circle.

The other guys in the group were his roomies. The girls and the guys in the group were all New Student Orientation Leaders. The girls were all their team partners, who also became my friends. I never went to New Student Orientation (I started school just two months before this time), so I thought I would go to it this time. They told me all about it and how much fun it was. Jed and I danced a TON that night. I thought he was cute.

Two days later, I went to Orientation, our leader never showed (we were the only group without a leader) , so we all left on our own to do what's on the schedule. I bumped into Jed at the first event. He inquired as to what group I was in, and I told him what happened. He said I could join his. Of course I had no objections for joining his group, HELLOOOO, Jed's HOT! We had a LOT of fun all week long in the group. Our group became really close, and we even won the best overall spirit group. After that, we just kept running into each other on campus.

Where did you go on your first date?
We went to a Viking Football Game. Jed made those weird balloon hats for everyone in the group. We were the loudest fans out there. I did that weird illusion thing that you can do with long sleeves. The one where you connect the open part of your sleeves, and take one arm out of the sleeve and inside the sweater. Then you move the connected arms up and down and the one inside your sweater up and down the opposite direction. It looks freaky.
GO Vikings!

How long have you been together?

I've known Jed for 8 years, married five.

Who eats more?

I do when I am pregnant and Jed when I'm not....

Who said I love you first?

Jed

Who is taller?
Jed

Who sings better?
Jed, (but I sing more often... does that count?)

Who is smarter?
Jed is a genius all around, perfect artist, student, parent, husband, judgement. It makes me sick! (: J/K Really, I am serious about how smart he is, I'm very proud of him.

Who does the laundry?
Me

Who does the dishes?
I do usually, at least a load a day, but Jed really does them a lot, too. I'm pretty lucky.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Me
Who pays the bills?

Jed, unless He tells me to take care of it, then I do it. I'd say, when it all adds up, it's about 50/50 Unless you are talking about who brings in the income--That is jed.

Who mows the lawn?
We don't have a lawn, but I'm sure Jed will probably do it.

Who cooks dinner?
Me, but Jed cooks better.

Who drives when you are together?
Jed

Who is more stubborn?
Jed is more often stubborn, I am worse about it when I am.

Who kissed who first?
Jed

Who proposed?
Jed, 3 times!
The 1st was not really a proposal, but mine as well have been. It was a windy sunday evening, and we were getting out of a fireside. It was so windy that we wanted to hurry to my apartment. It was one of those winds that one feels like yelling over in order to be heard.
Yep, he yeld, "HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING, HOW LONG SHOULD PEOPLE DATE BEFORE TALKING ABOUT MARRAIGE!!" Naturally, there were looks around us and I nearly fell on my face. (: Hypothetically speaking, I had thought it was about time to start talking marraige too.

2nd: A monday night. I was getting ready for bed when Jed called and tried to act like he just wanted to go for a drive . I told him I was going to sleep, but I could tell he really wanted to go for a drive so I agreed. Jed tried to hint to me to change into some normal clothes by telling me it was cold out. I just put an extra pair of PJ's on. Oops. We drove to the temple. Jed wanted to go on the grounds, but forgot it was Monday, and that they were closed on Mondays. We settled for walking around the gate. Jed left me for a moment and spoke with the guard. He allowed Jed in to propose. After I agreed and we were walking back, the guard got all teary eyed and told us about him and his wife and fast time went.

3rd was at the Provo Temple --He did it again, because we didn't have a ring yet and he wanted to do it with a ring. Jed was trying to get me alone, but this HUGE family wouldn't leave and I remember how he kept acting awkward while trying to do it when they weren't looking, it was cute.

Who is more sensitive?
Jed would probably say me, and I would say him. (:

Who has more siblings?
We have the same, unless you count my younger brother who is a miscarraige, then again there is Maple Gingrich on Jed's side (inside joke for those of you unfamiliar)

Who wear the pants?

Jed hands down

We tag all the Carpers and Liz and Mom and Dad Rhien

3 comments:

Our son Kade said...

This is cool, I didn't know most of this stuff! Thanks for sharing, and inviting us to share. I did mine this morning. :) Love you. Oh, and beautiful pictures! :)

The Rhiens said...

I did mine, too. Thanks for the challenge. It is fun to read everyone's stories.

Mom Rhien

Blake said...

So, we all want to know, did buy the car?