Thursday, February 05, 2009

Update on Lucy, and One More thing that Alli Said


Lucy all done up and fashioned by her helpful big sister!


We are having rough nights in the Rhien home again. Everyone is sick again, we all just plummeted last night. Lucy is waking up more, the poor thing. She cried half the night. We already took her to the doctors for her goopy eye. The doctor gave a prescription for the eye, and checked if she had a virus or a bacterial infection. Virus. They said to let it run its course, which we all know is the only option. She had been the best out of all of us until last night, the poor thing.

I've been moving Alli out of her room if Lucy wakes up at all, so she doesn't have to hear all the crying. However, Lucy is pretty loud, when she wants to be heard. This is what Allison said to her at breakfast this morning:

Alli-"Lucy you need to give up this crying thing. I do not like it. So you need to give up the crying thing, and do good things instead. If you do that, we will call you a good little baby, right now I call you a cry baby. "


Lucy's Update:

At nine months
she weighed: 16 lbs, but when weighed two weeks later, she was 17 lbs
Height: 28 inches
Head: I can't remember, but it was in the 75%-tile
New tricks!:
- she's been able to stand on her own for at least a month now, but has stopped due to bumping her head on the hard wood floors one too many times.
- She says "Da" or "Don" when she done eating, and puts her hands on the sides of her tray
- She says "Ma" when she wants more, and reaches for the table where her food is , when she wants more food
- She dances likes crazy, and has been doing that for a while now, she just keeps getting more creative with it
- She loves to clap and wave and say "baba dada"
- she gives kisses, she's been doing that for about three months, but I don't think I recorded it yet.
- She can use the sippy, but she's picky of what's in it
- She love to play with just about anything, she takes things away from everyone, including Alli. Alli has gotten so used to her begging, that she just hands whatever Lucy is headed towards over to her and moves on to the next toy

6 comments:

Larman Family said...

I can completely relate to what you are going through. We are on like our fourth week of illnesses. If you are interested I have some herbal teas that have worked wonders for Clayton. They are safe for infants- I usually mix it in a bottle with apple juice and he loves it. We would love to have you over again sometime so please let us know if Alli ever wants to come and play.

Familia Morales said...

Oh no! I'm sorry you're all sick again. Alli is so funny, she just tells it as it is. I still think Lucy doesn't look like Alli very much at all. They're beautiful. I hope you all get better soon and get in some good naps.

Sandra said...

Yikes, its bad enough when both adults in the household are sick; I can't imagine what it would be like to mix in kids too. Hang in there.

Maybe Alli can come to my office for a week and tell some of my colleagues how to behave ! :-)
Love, Sandra

Jason Both said...

Hey, I've found that conjunctivitis goes away super fast if you change sheets every day. It works, and it's less likely that you'll pass it around. I learned that from someone who had issues getting their baby over it. I guess most cases are viral. It's like why do we even bother going to the doctor. In fact last time we had it I didn't because I susspected it was from a cold we were passing along. Jamie's eyes were swolen shut for a day though. That was pretty scary when I first saw it. Then I calmed down, and did a little research. Since it was pretty likely it was viral, I didn't bother with spending the three hours in the doctors office.
We've been pretty healthy this winter, but we were sick all of last winter. It was awful. I know how it is to never feel healthy.

Michelle said...

Laura that is way too funny what Alli said! I got a good laugh out of that one. Sounds like Jacob has passed Lucy in weight... yikes, he is a big boy!

Michelle said...

ps. sorry you guys were all sick... let me know if I can ever help!!!!!