Thursday, March 12, 2009

Allison Ponders the Scriptures


"When ye have done it unto the least of these my bretheren, ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40

Last night, I was putting Alli to bed, and she looked at me like she had something serious on her mind. She asked me,

"Dad can I ask you a question?"
Me- "Sure Sweetie"

"Well, Mom said that if you are nice to someone that it's being nice to Jesus, and if you cry or whine that you're doing it to him too. So when we do stuff that it's like we do it to Jesus."

Me- "O.k... so what's your question."
Alli- (looking real serious, and a little worried) "So when I'm laying down, am I laying on Jesus?"


The funny part is, Laura taught Alli about this scripture at least 3 weeks ago, and she hadn't said a word about her thoughts until last night. I think we're going to have to do a little more explaining :)

8 comments:

Familia Morales said...

Hee hee hee! That kid cracks me up! I love that picture of her, it looks like she just popped out of a Dr. Seuss book

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I once cut a man-like figure out of handiwrap to explain to a class about the difference between Jesus and the Holy Ghost. What a disaster! ! ! Kids just put their own take on stuff and you NEVER know which direction their minds are gonna take it.
I agree with Marales about the picture. :)

Pamela Brown said...

She is a smart little girl, and I can't believe how long her hair is. She has changed so much.

Niki The Weav said...

That is so cute! Little minds are so funny. I also liked your post about her songs. Her and Maggie should get together and do duets!

Aaron and Izzie said...

Oh I am still cracking up, what a sweet girl:)

Sabs said...

oh my gosh! she's seriously the funniest girl i know!...only she doesn't even know me....darn.

Jenni said...

Oh my heck that girl cracks me up! She seriously comes up with the funniest things! Can I borrow her for a while, she could really come in handy for a good laugh! She is great you guys do such a good job at teaching her the gospel. When I grow up I want to be like you guys!

Joanna said...

So funny! I love the things kids come up with. Give her hugs and squeezes for me.