Today's Run: Do to a number of unexpected events, I'm left to running in place and a number intense workouts , pathetic I know.
I'm sure that the site of this could win the grand prize on FHV, but no such luck. I am not recording myself trying to get as big of a workout as possible in 1.5 hours. nope. No I'm not.
8th Grade and the Girl who set the standard
By 8th grade, I was completely obsessed with running. I trained all summer of course. I practiced how fast I could take off. I ran super long distances, like 2 miles or so, and timed myself a lot.
By the start of Track and Field season, I was pumped and ready to go. I started to get a big head, because I came in first at every race. Any high schooler, even a freshman, would have said I was slow. So basically, I had a false sense of fast.
My last race of the season was one of my favorite races. It was a typical wet spring day for Wisconsin.
The Track Meet was held at Greendale High school.
I had begun to realize that I wasn't as fast as I thought.
Nerves.
Butterflies.
Guilt for feeling nerves and butterflies about an 8th grade track meet.
Ready...
Set....
BANG!
1 comment:
So, I've been checking in our your blog to see you working at obtaining your goal and last night I had a dream that I was running in a marathon. Yea, fat chance. I hate running and the only reason I do it when I'm at the gym is because it burns calories fast and I can plug in my earphones and watch Grey's Anatomy. Anyway, keep up the great work!
Post a Comment