Due to some unexpected scheduling, I only ran 4 and half miles and only 1.5 of them was with the jogger.
To make up for the lack of miles, I was doing 7 minute miles with the jogger.
I still had a pained look on my forehead, so that is a good sign!!
THE 400 M DASH PART 3 , I THINK..
Where was I, oh yes. My crazy and wonderful sister. My sister would deny this, but she succeeds in everything, and running was appealing to her. I can't imagine why, because she often threw up after a race! Bless her. (:
Ok, so here's the run down 7th graders raced against other school's 7th graders and the same with 8th graders. We had a track meet that some of the schools didn't have anyone running the 4 by 400 M relay so the 7th and 8th graders raced at the same time.
Hannah and I were both the last leg (4th runner in the relay).
The girls on my team were smokin' fast (Jenny and Karla) so they gave me bit of a lead in front of the 8th graders. Hannah was our schools 8th grade secret weapon I guess.
Despite my lead, my sister caught up to me on the last curve.
( 400 M is once around the track, it's a sprint. Some kids thought it was a distance run though, so picture sprinting a long distance and that is the 400 M dash).
We are both dying. Well.... I was anyway.
My sister passes me up on the outer lane, but she does something that the crowd all saw her do, that was unusual.
She's TALKING TO ME. I could barely breath let alone TALK.
She's saying, "TOES , LAURA , TOES.... pick up the knees too!"
My serious runner's face switched to a slight laugh. I picked up the pace and sisters were almost neck in neck to the finish line. Hannah pulled up in front and made me eat her dust.
She could have beat me by much further if she didn't used up the energy to have a lovely conversation with me. Ha.
I think I'll try to pass someone up at the end of the marathon, and make friends,
" Pleasure to meet you, by the way, your form could use improvement, try stretching out those legs a little more for me, ..... see ya.. beep beep.!"

My sister is the one trying to eat the snow man, I'm the one that looks like I just got caught eating the snow off the ground. Yum!!
2 comments:
It has been fun to read your running stories, Laura. Remember that we are cheering you on every step of the way. You are one of my heroes. ;)
Love, Mom Rhien
Oh I love this story! I can't believe your sister was able to talk to you during a sprint! I think I will start laughing like crazy if I see you giving advice to someone at the end of your marathon...such a Laura thing to do.
Post a Comment