Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 33- the Wobblyness cured

400 METER DASH-- PART 2

As I said before, my sister, Hannah, ran the 400 M dash too.

She is a woman of many talents. She played flute extremely well and enjoyed a good race. I often remember her running as fast as she could to see if she could get her long beautiful hair to fly higher into the air.

She also can be blunt. When we would run laps in doors, no one said anything about my left hand.

See, I would run with my right hand in a fist and my left hand would flop downward and open. I'm not sure if I had ever noticed that I did that.

I probably never would have if my sister didn't come up to me and say, "What's wrong with your hand, eh?"
My head also seemed to wobble, thus I heard, "Hey, you could have finished stronger if your head wasn't all over the place, eh?" I wish I had video, I must have looked very interesting when I ran.

So I started to make a fist in both hands and holding my head straight, and practiced running that way. Apparently it was very relaxing to sag my hand and head. She offered me a wealth of knowledge in track.

One of the best tips I got from her I learned at the most unusual moments in an unusual way.

gotta go, I'll write the rest tomorrow.

2 comments:

Familia Morales said...

Darn you! You always keep me hanging! At least I know I get more of the story tomorrow.

jed-laura said...

Ah melissa, my dedicated reader! you make me smile