Wednesday, February 17, 2010

10 Days Left/ A Wrench in the Plan/Thanks to those who read my blog

My four mile run didn't happen yesterday, I was in too much pain.

Three miles is planned for today. I went out and PAIN. I stopped.

I'm lost. To this point I've always known what to do, but the pain isn't lifting, sometimes It's worse and sometimes I'm just stiff.

I'm definitely taking it easy, if I have to off my legs I will, but that could really make the race hard. Just a little running, even if it's just one mile a day is better than nothing.

So that is what I'm facing right now. But it seems silly to be bothered by this. It's just, I'm tired injuring myself for important races in my life.

The man at the Luke's Locker (a really fancy running store, with all sorts of experts and trainers) said that like 1 or 2% of people have my foot type, and few of them run competitively, then he asked if I get injured a lot.

I really appreciate the support you have all given me to this point. I'm really going to need it, looks like this race is going to be harder to finish than I hoped.

SECTIONALS FRESHMAN YEAR

(YOU'LL HAVE TO AT LEAST READ THE PREVIOUS POST TO GET THIS ONE)

Well ...Coach Kurth's faith in me helped me sqeeze by in regionals, and get to sectionals.

This is a huge honor.

I was the shortest.... the youngest..... and the slowest... AND .... consequently.... in the 8th lane. .....BUMMER

8th lane has a false sense of security, because they stagger the starting line. They also have no one to chase.

What was going through my mind at the time?

Just run it like a 100 M dash....get off those starting blocks.... high knees.... "toes, Laura toes..." ..... state ...State... STATE.....! ..... It's cold..... i look weird in my stretchy pants.....


The gun shoots.

I'm in front, but I really won't know if I am or not until the last curve.

State... State... State


Last curve, push it ..... faster.......STATE ..... STATE... STATE...

two girls pass me up.....STATE....STATE....STATE..........
bigger stride, higher knees... faster....

I have nothing left, but go anyway..... STATE.... STATE... STATE...

I cross the finish line...

4 comments:

Familia Morales said...

"I look weird in my stretchy pants" Ha ha! Classic, Laura! I love it!

Sorry about the pain. I sure hope it goes away in time for the marathon. Just keep resting.

Anonymous said...

try to find some medical help today that can get you in pronto- I hate for this to get worse before your race.

Love ya-
Jed

Grant and Christine said...

Hmmm, don't let it get you down!

The Rhiens said...

So sorry that you are still in so much pain. You amaze me with your tenacity. Hang in there.

Love, Mom Rhien