Friday, February 05, 2010

22 Days left/ Boom Clap Boom De Bump De Ouch

Run : 10 miles

Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes

Ave Speed: 7.5 miles an hour

Ave pace: 8 min/ mile


Ok, so as opposed to my half marathon, todays run was not that comforting.

One mile in, my hip starts hurting... BAD.... By mile two I take a double take at my stop watch and hope that I was wrong about where mile two really was.

Mile Three:

I'm looking at my shadow, and hoping that I really don't look that rediculous

Mile Four.... hmmm.... where was mile four

Mile 4.5 I'm feeling HOT... SWEATTY.. .Time to change..

I'm "running' while trying to remove my wind breaker. Ugh, it's stuck on my watch.

I'm not running any more.

I get situated. I pick up my phone with fancy black gloves..... ARG

My phone goes FLYING.
The Battery goes FLYING
The cap to the battery goes FLYING.

I put the pieces together ... Please still work... Please still work...

ok. I stuff the gloves in my windbreaker's pocket.

Come on I POD I need a fast song.

.... ok... I'm back on track...

Mile 7: water

Mile. 7.1 i start to notice that the boom... boom.. on the back of my leg is really annoying. Seriously, I only have 3 miles left no more hold ups ok?

The "boom" was my gloves in my jacket, and my unused GU.

pull the gloves out and put them back on. stuff the GU in my shoe-laces.

LETS GO...

and to finish. I thought I'd try to sprint the last 1/2 mile. Nope. I tried. Didn't go any faster. Bummer.... I was hoping that I'd still be able to do that on a 10 mile run... seeing as there are only 22 days left until I run 26.2 miles.

But... I was hoping to run it in 1 hour and 20 minutes. and I did. So I'm happy.

6 comments:

jed-laura said...

You're fast- and crazy- and beautiful-

So, is your phone still working? or were you using your old phone?

Also, where was Lucy for this run?

Looking forward to helping you out tomorrow for the 20 mile run! Love you

jed-laura said...

phone works fine, Lucy was at the White's house. I'll need a refill of water at mile 10 tomorrow. I'm not sure how that is going to work.

Familia Morales said...

What an entertaining run! Not for you, obviously, but very fun for me to read! So very curious, what is a GU?

Pamela Brown said...

That is a very an eventful run. You are going to do so awesome on your Marathon!!!

Keep up the good work!!

Michelle said...

Laura, you are amazingly fast.. and my inspiration! I don't know what you were talking about me being yours... For those who don't know... I am the crazy friend who ran the half with Laura... at one point I told her to shut up and run... I did have to apologize, she was just trying to help me finish strong.. which I didn't. I think the race beat me, next time I will beat the race! Thanks Laura for inspiring me!

Michelle

Shannon said...

Just wanted to say I love your running updates Laura! Running is something I've never been particularly 'good' at, or had a real interest in, but I'm really trying harder to try it more this year so I especially like reading your take on the sport. Good luck in your upcoming marathon! You'll do awesome, and I can't wait to see pictures! :)